Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CZ Benchrest Stocks

• 15-11-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi the lads/lassies,
    I was looking on the internet today and saw that Boyds Stocks are making stocks for CZ 452 rifles in .22lr/.22Mag.Great but heres the catch...

I have a CZ Brno in .22lr so i'm wondering would my rifle fit into on of these stocks

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/RH-CZ-452-22LR-BBC-STK-AJ-F-p/610-724.htm

Also i'm a wondering how/if i can remove the rear sight on my rifle??? As i want to put low profile mounts on my scope(nikon 3-12x40 prostaff BDC) as the ones that came with mine are far too high

Thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If your rifle is a CZ 452 then yes, it'll fit.

The one you link to is for heavy barrel meaning the fore end is wider to accommodate the heavier barrel. Not really a major issue if your rifle is not heavy barrel.

Most Boyd's seem to come 95-98% inletted meaning little to no adjustment to make them fit your rifle.

As for the rear sight removal. Easily done. You push down on the sight, move it slightly forward then back towards the bolt end og the action, and it should pop out.

Be aware. They can be buggers to get out as they are tight as sin.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Ezridax wrote: »
    If your rifle is a CZ 452 then yes, it'll fit.

The one you link to is for heavy barrel meaning the fore end is wider to accommodate the heavier barrel. Not really a major issue if your rifle is not heavy barrel.

Most Boyd's seem to come 95-98% inletted meaning little to no adjustment to make them fit your rifle.

As for the rear sight removal. Easily done. You push down on the sight, move it slightly forward then back towards the bolt end og the action, and it should pop out.

Be aware. They can be buggers to get out as they are tight as sin.

Thanks,
    Well my rifle is a Brno not a 452 so do ya think it might fit???

Well my rifle is a Brno not a 452 so do ya think it might fit???
    Same thing. More or less.

CZ and Brno are the same. Brno are a subsidiary of CZ. So the actions/rifles, specs, etc are all essentially the same.
    I have a CZ Brno in .22lr ..............
    So basically the will fit.

If unsure or need further re-assurance a quick e-mail to Boyd's to confirm should put your mind at ease.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Ezridax wrote: »
    Same thing. More or less.

CZ and Brno are the same. Brno are a subsidiary of CZ. So the actions/rifles, specs, etc are all essentially the same.

So basically the will fit.

If unsure or need further re-assurance a quick e-mail to Boyd's to confirm should put your mind at ease.

O right, thanks that realy helps a lot, will post photos when i get the stock

One more question,
    What type of stock should i get???

Red
    Blue
    ROYAL JACARANDA

• Advertisement

Personal choice really. Would hate to recommend something if it's not to your liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

One more question,
    What type of stock should i get???

Red
    Blue
    ROYAL JACARANDA
    Well I have a red and a blue and a mate has the royal jacaranda and they are all nice.

zeissman wrote: »
    Well I have a red and a blue and a mate has the royal jacaranda and they are all nice.

Did they fit your rifle perfect at first or did ya have to do many mods, also ya hardlly want ta sell one of them that isent fitted to your rifle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Did they fit your rifle perfect at first or did ya have to do many mods, also ya hardlly want ta sell one of them that isent fitted to your rifle?
    The red one is on my cz.
    My rifle is the cz453 model which is a bit different so I had to get it inletted a bit around the trigger area but the 452 models should go straight on.
    The blue boyds stock is on my remington so I dont have a spare one.
    If you order from boyds you will have one in about a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

O right, thanks that realy helps a lot, will post photos when i get the stock

Hi there, how old is your Bruno?
    The CZ make is the takeover company of Bruno & while they look alike there are a few dimensional differances, my uncle found that out with a scope rail/ mounts b4.
    It shouldnt be a problem for you, but just letting you know the differance.

• Advertisement

Hi there, how old is your Bruno?
    The CZ make is the takeover company of Bruno & while they look alike there are a few dimensional differances, my uncle found that out with a scope rail/ mounts b4.
    It shouldnt be a problem for you, but just letting you know the differance.

Thanks liffy fishing, i don't know how old it actuly is, could i find out if i sent an email to cz with the seital no.???
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

their is actually a date on the barrel. if u look very closely around the barrel near the action i think left side. it should be their. its small but as far as i know its stamped on all their guns next to the proof mark :cool:

dax121 wrote: »
    their is actually a date on the barrel. if u look very closely around the barrel near the action i think left side. it should be their. its small but as far as i know its stamped on all their guns next to the proof mark :cool:

Ya i think i found it now, on the left hand side whare the barrel meets the receiver, on the barrel it says 04 and the reciver 94, so by this it must be an 18 year old gun, i may be wrong but i think i may be right

Have a look at my new boyds stock for the CZ452
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl9nB4nhUOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Just found that video when I googled boyd stocks. Thinking of getting one for my own CZ452 once the license comes in. You have any issue importing it?

nastros wrote: »
    Just found that video when I googled boyd stocks. Thinking of getting one for my own CZ452 once the license comes in. You have any issue importing it?
    nastros wrote: »

Ya, i had no trouble with importing it, but sence i worked out that sending it to the north was cheeper it didn't end up like that, customs got their hands on it and wanted £35 to release it. :(:(:(
    It probley didn't help that i got it sent to a bisiness insted of a resadentual area.
    I say ya will be alright. I got around with the problem of the screw today, wen't into the local d.i.y shop, asked them if i could bring in the rifle as i coulden't rember the thread the thread size of the screw+ also i lost it :| there was no problem as long as the bolt was removed and no ammo was present, health and safty reasons obisly. :) well long story short we found a screw that fitted flush with the stock(can't notis the screw at all.
    I say ya may as well and get one, great wood, very smooth and not too expensive!!!

ALSO PLEASE SUBCRIBE to my channel

Ya, i had no trouble with importing it, but sence i worked out that sending it to the north was cheeper it didn't end up like that, customs got their hands on it and wanted £35 to release it. :(:(:(
    It probley didn't help that i got it sent to a bisiness insted of a resadentual area.
    I say ya will be alright. I got around with the problem of the screw today, wen't into the local d.i.y shop, asked them if i could bring in the rifle as i coulden't rember the thread the thread size of the screw+ also i lost it :| there was no problem as long as the bolt was removed and no ammo was present, health and safty reasons obisly. :) well long story short we found a screw that fitted flush with the stock(can't notis the screw at all.
    I say ya may as well and get one, great wood, very smooth and not too expensive!!!

ALSO PLEASE SUBCRIBE to my channel

Thanks I probably look at getting one in the new year so cheers for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i got one a few months ago sent to the republic and didn't have to pay any customs charges

Thats good to know I know there is difficulty brining scopes in from the US so was wondering about stocks.

Advertisement