Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Windows Live Mail and cursor hopping!

Options
  • 15-11-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have a Sony laptop with windows 7, no problems to date until yesterday. When I am typing (including now typing this) the cursor hops back and overtypes and inserts into has been typed already. I correct the text and do another bit and then it happens all over again. Very frustrating. Does anybody have any solutions?

Also, I use windows live mail to access my email. A couple of times a week it downloads every single email that I have received since I first bought the laptop in early 2010 - we are talking thousands - not a major problem but nevertheless I have to delete them from the Inbox and from the Deleted Items Box each time. Another problem that has started is that Windows Live Mail won't accept my password - I have to shut down the application and open it again, also turn on and off the modem a couple of times and finally I can get in to read my emails.

I would be grateful if somebody could help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

I have a Sony laptop with windows 7, no problems to date until yesterday. When I am typing (including now typing this) the cursor hops back and overtypes and inserts into has been typed already. I correct the text and do another bit and then it happens all over again. Very frustrating. Does anybody have any solutions?

I had the same problem (not on a Sony though) and this helped...not completely fixed but helped a huge amount:

http://touchpad-blocker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

bluferbl wrote: »
    I had the same problem (not on a Sony though) and this helped...not completely fixed but helped a huge amount:

http://touchpad-blocker.com/
    Many thanks, I will try that

Advertisement