Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What causes webpages to load like this:-

Options
  • 15-11-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Why do webpage sometimes load with a white background and all the information in a narrow column on the left?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What internet browser are you using? Could you do a screenshot of the issue and attach it here?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

I'm using Chrome. Currently I have a problem with Facebook. I have tried it on Firefox and IE.

Also probable related, Windows Live Mail will not download new messages. Also I can not access hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

98-00 wrote: »
    I'm using Chrome. Currently I have a problem with Facebook. I have tried it on Firefox and IE.

Also probable related, Windows Live Mail will not download new messages. Also I can not access hotmail.com

it maybe a problem with a webserver - if this is the case you cant do anything about it until th webserver owner fixes it

or a bad cookie... try clearing your cache in all 3 browsers

for firefox:
    go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yourprofilenumber.default\Cache

delete everything in there

for IE: go to control panel then internet options

internet options > delete browsing history

for chrome:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\cache

delete all the files there

I tried resetting my Eircom router. It worked after that the first time only. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I tried resetting my Eircom router. It worked after that the first time only. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

did you try the stuff in my post above?

• Advertisement

What anti virus program are you running? Do you have any ad blocker software installed?

Nick

I've cleared the cache in all browsers, no difference.
    I don't think I have an adblocker installed, I have AVG secure search, which disabled.
    I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, I'm running a scan as I type, meant to do that before posting.

I've cleared the cache in all browsers, no difference.
    I don't think I have an adblocker installed, I have AVG secure search, which disabled.
    I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, I'm running a scan as I type, meant to do that before posting.

in firefox goto tools>options> content tab

is load images automatically checked?

also have you any addons installed for firefox, or chrome?

It looks to me like a stylesheet loading issue, maybe the server the Facebook stylesheets are loaded from are not accessible on your internet connection at present. Try changing the DNS settings, see here and see if it helps

Nick

The auto load option is checked.

Chrome is the browser I use, I should probable remove Firefox. Is it possible to remove IE?

• Advertisement

I've just seen the time, I have to go out. I will read up on the DNS settings and get back to you. Thanks for the help so far.

Chrome is the browser I use, I should probable remove Firefox. Is it possible to remove IE?

Firefox is a grand browser, in fact I prefare it to Chrome. You cannot remove IE as it is a essential part of Windows. But you can remove either Firefox or Chrome from add/remove programs. Having both installed won't cause an issue like this though

Nick

ok before you remove firefox open it then goto help> restart firefox with addon's disabled

does it work ok then?

also in chrome have you any custom themes or addon installed? it is possible that one of those could be causing problems

another trick to try is to flush your dns

close all browsers

open a dos command prompt with admin priviledges

type ipconfig /flushdns

hit return and let it flush your dns tables.

then open a browser so your pc will pull a refreshed dns table from eircom, and see if that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Google 'CSS not loading'...you might find an answer relevant to your particular setup.

Advertisement