Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult indoor cat wanted

• 15-11-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi im looking for an adult indoor cat to join our family.
    Have had cats for years but due to time etc after our old cat died we didnt get another so have been catless for about 4yrs....
    This is the ideal critera (if possible lol)
    * Adult cat
    * Indoor (always had them indoor, outdoor space is available and not a prob) so litter trained
    * Used to children - my kids (10&4) dont poke or prod but would like to rub!
    * Used to dogs - we have 3 outside in their run but they exit and enter the house for walks.
    * Neutered (but can get that done)
    * SOH and attitude.....a definite must!
    * shorthaired over longhaired

I am in Kilkenny and will travel a reasonable distance to meet the potential new cat....will not take just after a conversation i need to meet the cat with the kids first. Money mmmmmmm i understand some people have paid for pedigree cats i dont like it as this is a family home but....never say never - just never tell the hubbie!

thank you

btw i have contacted the shelters and got the `we will ring you tomorrow.....`that was from 2 shelters last week and no phone calls!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

mack2 wrote: »
    Hi im looking for an adult indoor cat to join our family.
    Have had cats for years but due to time etc after our old cat died we didnt get another so have been catless for about 4yrs....
    This is the ideal critera (if possible lol)
    * Adult cat
    * Indoor (always had them indoor, outdoor space is available and not a prob) so litter trained
    * Used to children - my kids (10&4) dont poke or prod but would like to rub!
    * Used to dogs - we have 3 outside in their run but they exit and enter the house for walks.
    * Neutered (but can get that done)
    * SOH and attitude.....a definite must!
    * shorthaired over longhaired

I am in Kilkenny and will travel a reasonable distance to meet the potential new cat....will not take just after a conversation i need to meet the cat with the kids first. Money mmmmmmm i understand some people have paid for pedigree cats i dont like it as this is a family home but....never say never - just never tell the hubbie!

thank you

btw i have contacted the shelters and got the `we will ring you tomorrow.....`that was from 2 shelters last week and no phone calls!

Where are you based, there is a shelter in Drogheda that does a LOT of cat and kitten rehoming, they have absolute bucket loads of adult cats, and I know they're quite willing to try meet you half way with regards to transport. If you're able to travel yourself and the distance isn't an issue, I think this would be a great place to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

Thanks ShaShaBear will certainly try them esp if they can come down partway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Hi Mac2, if you go to Facebook, Feral cats Ireland is a page used by a lot of rescues. Don't let the name put you off, they won't give you a wild cat. Its a page used by rescues that rehome cats and also care for feral cats, to share information. You can post your message there and I'm sure you'd get plenty of help on there. I think every rescue in the country is overflowing with cats needing homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

About an hour's drive from you in Wicklow is <snip> animal rescue. They're a couple that has opened their home to all kinds of animals and they have loads of gorgeous cats. They operate a 'no-kill' policy in their shelter so they are often over-run and rely on donations to keep all the animals housed and fed. It is a lovely spot too.

<snip>

Also, a great trip for kids too as they get to meet all the animals in their environment - in the kitchen, the living room, the grounds, etc!

mod note: please don't name or link to rescue groups, as per the forum charter.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

PM sent :)

And 2,000 \o/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

Thanks so much everyone.....think i found the ideal cat.....via the city vet hospital in waterford.....so fingers crossed for wednesday when i go and visit `Granny` - the name is class ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Poochie05

mack2 wrote: »
    Thanks so much everyone.....think i found the ideal cat.....via the city vet hospital in waterford.....so fingers crossed for wednesday when i go and visit `Granny` - the name is class ;)

Great name!
    Just think of the fun with misunderstandings when you refer to 'Granny' lounging around on the back of the couch or coughing up hairballs!:D

Advertisement