Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Backgrounds Going Away - Share Your Pics!

Options
  • 15-11-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

As many of you will have seen if you use Google Backgrounds to customise the homepage, Google are doing away with the service from tomorrow so users will have to use the same page as everyone else. Personally I thought the backgrounds function was a fantastic idea as it allowed me to have a homepage I really liked the look of so will miss having the option to personalise things. I thought it might be a nice idea for people (or perhaps I'm the only one :o) who have used the Backgrounds function to share their homepage image in all it's glory in the last few hours before blandness takes over. The below is what I've had for the past while. Taken while canoeing in Gauja National Park near Riga in Latvia. Good times. So Boardsies, what (if anything) have you been using as a background image?

Gauja.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Not the only one to be annoyed by this I see :( . Had a nice pic of a shipyard and then the later two elephants as the backdrop. Think I may have actually had that canoeing one a while back but memory is a bit patchy and the few beers tonight prob arn't helping! But yeah shame to see this go :(

Nick

Have to agree, Always loved the feature.
    I use/used this image which I took on holidays one year near the France and Spain border.
    holi004.jpg

Advertisement