Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sydney and General East Coast of Australia

• 15-11-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hey,

Myself and my other half are going to Sydney on December 26th for almost a month, coming home on January 22nd and I was wondering if anyone has any cool or interesting things to do that they'd be willing to share!
    Not sure how much it matters to doing stuff but I'm 22 and he's 25.

We'll be staying in a friends apartment in Sydney near Oxford St which I've been told is fairly centre of city-ish. We'll be there until Jan 7th when we'll travel up the coast to Brisbane with friends of ours that live in Oz.

We then plan on leaving them and spending our last week or so going... somewhere!
    Hopefully you guys can help with any stuff in Sydney, up the coast, in Brisbane and/or where or what to do after Brisbane.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭doughef

Hi there.

I'm just back after spending over 3 weeks there. We were on our honeymoon and loved every bit of it.

Like yourself we started in Sydney but on the way we stopped in Singapore for 2 nights to try and get used to the time difference.

My wife had spent a year there before but it was my first time.
    I know there are people on boards with a lot more info than my limited 3 weeks but for what its worth....

we stayed in Sydney for 4 nights to visit friends
    then flew to Brisbane for 2 nights- more friends.
    Then we rented a car in Brisbane and hit the road travelling north and drove to Noosa.

Noosa was gorgeous. Great beaches. Stayed for 2 nights and drove to Fraser Island.
    Fraser was pure class.. A must see in my opinion.
    Spent 2 night in Fraser and drove to Airlie Beach in the whit Sudays (via a stop over in Rockhampton for one night)
    Airlie Beach was my favorite bit I think.. Really gorgeous.. loads to do.
    Them we flew from Hamilton Island, back to Sydney for 3 nights and home.
    Keep in my mind however, this involved 1400 km of driving with two huge 6 hour drives but I enjoyed that part of it.

Like I said, there will be many people with differing opinions. You can go as far as Cairns etc, but I didnt want to kill myself driving every day.

Either way, your gonna have a great time
    Enjoy :D
    if you need any info re hotels etc feel free to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

doughef wrote: »
    Hi there.

I'm just back after spending over 3 weeks there. We were on our honeymoon and loved every bit of it.

Like yourself we started in Sydney but on the way we stopped in Singapore for 2 nights to try and get used to the time difference.

My wife had spent a year there before but it was my first time.
    I know there are people on boards with a lot more info than my limited 3 weeks but for what its worth....

we stayed in Sydney for 4 nights to visit friends
    then flew to Brisbane for 2 nights- more friends.
    Then we rented a car in Brisbane and hit the road travelling north and drove to Noosa.

Noosa was gorgeous. Great beaches. Stayed for 2 nights and drove to Fraser Island.
    Fraser was pure class.. A must see in my opinion.
    Spent 2 night in Fraser and drove to Airlie Beach in the whit Sudays (via a stop over in Rockhampton for one night)
    Airlie Beach was my favorite bit I think.. Really gorgeous.. loads to do.
    Them we flew from Hamilton Island, back to Sydney for 3 nights and home.
    Keep in my mind however, this involved 1400 km of driving with two huge 6 hour drives but I enjoyed that part of it.

Like I said, there will be many people with differing opinions. You can go as far as Cairns etc, but I didnt want to kill myself driving every day.

Either way, your gonna have a great time
    Enjoy :D
    if you need any info re hotels etc feel free to PM

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely put it into the excel sheet of planning! :)

Advertisement