Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Navan Roaders - was Fair City ever filmed in Navan Road?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so there is no D7 forum, and I know there are a good few exNavan Roaders now in D15.

And I also know how much we love our trivia over here in the D15 forum :)

There's a bloke over on the Fair City thread who says it used to be filmed in Navan Road (exterior shots).

I never heard this before in my life :confused: Anyone have any info of where (or if) it was filmed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Nope, never heard of this either!

What parts of Navan Road exactly does he think were used? Villa Park Area? Kinvara Area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

According to Wikipedia early exterior scenes were shot in Drumcondra.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can't imagine they would trek cast & crew that far across the city for exterior shots that could be got anywhere...as in, I can't think of anything special in that area that would warrant going that far away from the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Never seen any Navan road shots, all the early stuff was shot in Drumcondra until they built the street scenes set in the RTE car park in the early 1990's.
    Staff were roped into driving around the set during shooting so the same cars were shot a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

no they were in drumcondra,the opening credits showed hacketts bookies in phibsborough too,across the road from Doyles and the bohemian pub,which would be d7

• Advertisement
Advertisement