Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Substitution Question

Options
  • 15-11-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all.
    This probably has been asked a hundred times before but I feel like im banging my head off a wall.

I handed an application to sub from a 12 guage pump to 12 guage o/u 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks later I received a letter (with printed date scribbled out and a date 2 weeks later wrote in biro) to say my firearms application has been received and can take three months to be decided. I know this is a generic letter but was concerned about it being an application instead of a substitution.
    So I rang the FO and stated I handed the substitution in 4 weeks ago. All he was prepared to do was check his own desk. He couldnt find it there so he reckons it must be on supers desk and I was to wait til super signed it- even though he wasnt willing to check with super to see if it was there.

Into the 6th week and still no license to I have rang the station 7 times this week to speak to FO who is always out or on the phone, leave my name & number each time but never rang back.

Sorry for long story, what do ye folks think is going on, any advice is welcome. I taught substitution should not take longer than 2 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Call the supers secretary...had to do it myself recently with my own substitution and she sorted it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Don;t bother with the FO, Ring the station your super is in and ask to be put trough to the district office or get the number for the district office off : http://www.garda.ie/Stations/Default.aspx
    And speak to his secretary she will know what the story is with the application if it is there, If you need to supply something else. etc.. and if she dose'nt know she can ask him. That is what i always do and once i ring there it gets sorted straight away.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

I rang the supers secretary, she adamant it can take up to 3 months and doesnt know why FO said my substitution must be on supers desk as all applications are dealt with Fo and not super. Guess what, took my name and number for 8th time this week.
    Its turning into a joke at this stage an starting to get fed up with whole lot now.
    If thing were right I should of had it license back for start of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

Its odd that they referred to it as an application!! Surely it should be just a substitution...???

Advertisement