Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an Xbox 360 game!

• 15-11-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I haven't really played my xbox in a while. Only ever play Fifa. Can ye recommend a few games to buy. Hopefully on the cheap but if any new games are worth it I'll think about it. Thinking of getting Bioshock, Left 4 dead 2, Arkham City, Just Cause 2.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

hefferboi wrote: »
    I haven't really played my xbox in a while. Only ever play Fifa. Can ye recommend a few games to buy. Hopefully on the cheap but if any new games are worth it I'll think about it. Thinking of getting Bioshock, Left 4 dead 2, Arkham City, Just Cause 2.

Any suggestions?

The Walking Dead. If you like a story driven game that changes depending on your choices get this. Read the thread about it here, it's a great game for it being so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If I was going for a Batman game, I'd go for Arkham Aslyum first. It's a fantastic game, would probably be cheaper than City, and it's the first part of the series, so makes sense. Both games are great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Red dead redemption, skyrim or portal 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Played Red dead, loved it. Can I get the walking dead on a disc or have I to download it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Battlestations Midway

It's old at this stage and the graphics weren't much even when it was released

But for strategy and gameplay it's amazing.
    I've spent more time on this game then any other

Years after its release there is still an active group of players who'll play online.

Battlestations Pacific came out a few years later with more features and graphics but it was an awful game, it lost what made Midway so good

It's so old now you'd have no bother finding a cheap copy around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game. Also Assassins Creed 2 or brotherhood are brilliant as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Can I get the walking dead on a disc or have I to download it?

Its a download game but I hear there is a disc based bundle of the 5 episodes out around December (ep5 is out next week I think).

Seconding getting Arkham Asylum, much tighter and focused game than Arkham City, plus probably close to a fiver 2nd hand these days. Also maybe get Fallout 3, great combination of FPShooter and RPG.

I would say download Shadow Complex from the Xbox Arcade, amazing platform/adventure game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Alan wake is a very good game, cheap at this stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Battlestations Midway

It's old at this stage and the graphics weren't much even when it was released

But for strategy and gameplay it's amazing.
    I've spent more time on this game then any other

Years after its release there is still an active group of players who'll play online.

Battlestations Pacific came out a few years later with more features and graphics but it was an awful game, it lost what made Midway so good

It's so old now you'd have no bother finding a cheap copy around
    I had a game like this for the PC. Played it for years so I might pick this up if I see it.
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game. Also Assassins Creed 2 or brotherhood are brilliant as well
    Had a gawk at Deus Ex there and think I'll get it at the weekend. I played AC2 and really liked it. Would it be worth it getting the AC3?
    Alan wake is a very good game, cheap at this stage too.
    Had a look at it but I probably wouldn't be gone on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm not a big fan of shooting games.
    Never realy got into the COD games or Halo or any of them

But I adored Strangehold

Has bullet time which you've definitly seen in films, fire a gun and it's slow motion

Game is crazy fun and it has a good storyline

The Hitmas series is good too

I believe there is a new game coming on soon

For now try out the one that came out about 4 years ago, it's good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Had a gawk at Deus Ex there and think I'll get it at the weekend. I played AC2 and really liked it. Would it be worth it getting the AC3?

If you've only played 2 I'd recommend getting Brotherhood and waiting till 3 comes down in price. You can get Brotherhood pretty cheaply nowadays. I've completed all 5 games in the series and I'd rank 2 and Brotherhood as the best, followed by 3. You can skip 1 and Revelations, although I'd recommend looking up the stories of these games online (although don't look up Revelations until after Brotherhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Shadows of the Damned
    Mirrors Edge
    GTA 4 Complete Edition

mirrors edge in particular is a laughably cheap game, you should comfortably find it for 5 euro. It tries something different, its not perfect but a great game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You owe it to yourself to get minecraft since its on xbox now.
    Simply incredible depth and infinite replayability and less than half the cost of a normal game.
    Ofcourse you wont get the infinite mods and texture packs the PC gets but its a great game on xbox all the same

Advertisement