Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neymar penalty miss Brazil v Colombia

• 15-11-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

If Ibra's goal is worthy of a thread as football at its best this crazy peno by Neymar is at the other end of the spectrum. Ronan O'Gara move over!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nothing special about it, Charlie Adam does it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

A shocker from a seriously class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

That ball just flew past my window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,078 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If he would stop all the OTT showboating and just kick the ball !

I mean, why does he feel the need to run around in a big arc before approaching the ball. He really is a great player, but sweet Lord he makes Ronaldo look like Mr Humble.

Just put the ball down, run up and kick it. He'll do that in a WC semi or final sometime and won't be forgiven as easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

He bottled it, Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Love when at a match the opposing team misses a peno, a FU of epic proportions.

Extra points when the peno is harsh or a dive.

Other end of that is when your team misses a peno (pats missed 6 this season).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Neymar makes C.Ronaldo seem a likeable guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Jaap Stam's was closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

He missed it on purpose. The keeper went over to him after it and patted him on the back saying thanks. He was making sure hed miss. He pretended he was dissapointed for the craic Id say.
    The fact that it was a friendly makes me think this even more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He missed it on purpose. The keeper went over to him after it and patted him on the back saying thanks. He was making sure hed miss. He pretended he was dissapointed for the craic Id say.

Of course he did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It was always going to happen with that daft run up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He was blaming the pitch when Ospina and Moura were consoling him! Kaka was blaming it afterwards. That penalty will haunt him for his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Delighted for him, this lad takes diving to a whole new level. The longer he stays in Brazil the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He reminds me of Rufio from Hook

RUFIO, RUFIO, RU-FI-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Crazy how high he got it

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

maximoose wrote: »
    He reminds me of Rufio from Hook

RUFIO, RUFIO, RU-FI-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ha, I was thinking that the other night when I was watching the match and I ended up Googling Rufio to see the resemblance. They don't look as much alike as I thought they did.
    EdenHazard wrote: »
    Crazy how high he got it

There is serious power in the shot but to get that much elevation on the ball in such a short space is unreal. Getting the ball going that fast at such a tight angle is a skill in itself, not a good one but still a skill in itself. I don't know how he managed to hit it like that when trying to score, what was he trying to do by kicking the ball like that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Penalty still wouldn't have gone in even if you stacked another two goals on top of that one. He hit is spectacularly high, and I've no idea how from just 12 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Can't wait for him to flop in Europe. Robinho MKII with the ego to match.

Advertisement