Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to see the big man !!!!

Options
  • 15-11-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

i know its only 5 wks away, but planning on bringing the kids to see santa our youngest will be just gone 1 so we dont want to go to the likes of agrina ( which i wud love to go but not wit a baby)
    Any suggestions on where would the best place to go and see santa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

With the priviso of telling you in advance I'm not an expert on Clausmania, I can tell you from my own observations over the last couple of years, I would conclude that the Santa in Johnstons Court would be hard bet in relation to looking top notch.

It's out in the open and can get busy (I think it's just a donation also) but if it's a one to one with Mr Claus that your after, there are a couple of other places around the town (Quayside, Cleveragh Retail Park etc.) that offer that but I can't vouch for the aesthetic qualities of the man.

*Big words used in case of small prying eyes on forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have been doing the Santa thing for 15 years now and I went to the lads in Quayside the last few years I think it was a tenner inc a photo. They were over in Cleveragh last year so hopefully they are doing it again this year. Really nice lads and don't be rushing you through. I have been to loads all over and they are as good if not better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Not in Sligo but I think the Tullyboy Farm Santa experience is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

From what I remember, there's a Santa's Grotto in Johnstons Court and in Quayside. Isn't there also some Santatown runfrom Riverstown too? http://sligofolkpark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

From what I remember, there's a Santa's Grotto in Johnstons Court and in Quayside. Isn't there also some Santatown runfrom Riverstown too? http://sligofolkpark.com/

The Riverstown one is a rip off they charge the parents as well as the kids, greedy feckers:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Not in Sligo but there is also the Arigna Mining Experience. Adults are free! :)

Arigna Mining Experience

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The Riverstown one is a rip off they charge the parents as well as the kids, greedy feckers:eek:

I wouldnt go there myself. It's been years since I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The best place is and will always be, the North Pole. The others are just good friends helping out.

http://youtu.be/644U-jMpDUw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

We went to visit Santa in the Arigna mines in Co. Roscommon last year, absolutely fantastic, the kids just loved it, Google it and see for yourself. www.arignaminingexperience.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Sorry to be pedantic, but OP has stated they don't want to go to Arigna due to having a small baby.

I do agree with the sentiment that Riverstown is a rip off though, a lot of people have also said the same, and I have heard Tullyboy Farm is quite good, other than that you're left with Quayside and Johnstons Court, I suppose it depends on whether you want a longer experience like Arigna/Tullyboy/Riverstown would give you or a quick in and out that the shopping centres give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 duckie80

thanks a million for yer replies, even doh johson court/ cleveragh may have great santa's etc i kind of want the whole christmas experience for the kids i have been looking up tullyboy farm and they have reindeer feeding, xmas stories with mrs clause etc, quite expensive doh but im thinking it might be just worth it...
    Riverstown.......never again went their a few years ago with my first born he was only small was left in the que for santa for over a hour and got a present that a small baby couldn use !!
    Thanks again for yer replies i think tullyboy farm it is

Advertisement