Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar Flowlink Sync Issue

Options
  • 15-11-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Any Polar Flowlink experts out there??

My trusted RS200SD died.
    Got a fixed replacement RS300X from Polar as former is not discontinued. I bought a new Flowlink also to upload data to the Polar training.

Problem is I can’t get the alignment light to appear never mind sync any data.
    Data light remains on. I tried all the Polar trouble shooting info. Even returned both devices to Polar UK. The 300x tested fine but report said the Flowlink “data transfer does not work” (Crap)

A new replacement Flowlink was returned. Still the same issue remains
    Has anyone had this issue? Is there something I need to disable on the laptop
    (Laptop is almost new and has Windows 7 installed & Norton anti virus)
    I've also uninstalled the s/w 2.6 and re installed

No luck so far on any of the polar forums though there are many reported sync issues with this damned thing
    search%3Fq%3Dflowlink%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=flowlink&usg=__VIdB16RyfKYOtm68T_cb-Ii5hCc=&docid=tfcNXnzj7fIouM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MmGlUO-hK8iHhQeF3IDoCw&ved=0CEQQ9QEwAw&dur=235

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

As the resident Polarboy I'm hoping first of all they gave you the right datalink, I'm attached a picture.

From time to time the USB ports will lock out the Polar devices.

Generally I find the best thing to do is uninstall the Flowlink drivers and software from your laptop. Download the latest drivers from Polar

http://http://www.polarelectro.co.uk/uk-en/support/polar-websync-software?product_id=7796&category=downloads

And reinstall the Websync software. Judging from the Flowlink not lighting up, I'm presuming your laptop is not recognising it in the first place?

Just make sure the action of the port is allowed by the anti-virus.

Hopefully that works & we don't end up with a Polar mega thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Cheers AKW

Laptop is seeing the device which is the annoying thing and the amber light does light up. The "align" LED never lights

I've uninstalled the web sync s/w twice and reinstalled. I will look into the anti virus point

Bring back the old RS200!! The memories of it screeching at the mic on the PC as it uploaded to the online trainer.

Where was Garmin back then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hopefully that works & we don't end up with a Polar mega thread :)
    Two people discussing Polar issues could never develop into a mega-thread. It's called a conversation. Remove one of those two Polar owners from the conversation and it's called a soliloquy. ;)

Every mega-thread started as a conversation :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

We now have 3.

How often should one need to replace chest strap ?

Which chest strap do you have?

If its the T31 coded one the battery is inbuilt and non replaceable, you just replace the complete strap. Depending on use anywhere from 12 - 18 months would be average.

If its the WIND type with removable transmitter the battery can be replaced in these and once the strap is washed and looked after properly, it (the strap) should last a couple of years. I have seen contacts broken on these from time to time, but with Polar's 2 year warranty this sort of problem is easily fixed with a return to Polar.

Just to add the Older T31 is currently replaced with the H1 as all the HR straps and transmitters are being updated.

Advertisement