Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i get my eyebrow pierced?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey im a 16 yr old guy should i get my eyebrow pierced??
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

None of us can really tell you what to do with your body.

What I would say is that you're still quite young, I wouldn't go jumping into it just yet. If you want to, do some research, find a good piercer, find out how to look after the piercing during the healing process, etc. Also bear in mind that brow piercings can be rejected/'grown out' by the body, so there's a chance it could come off and leave you with a scar.

Just do your research before making any decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

007SKYFALL wrote: »
    Hey im a 16 yr old guy should i get my eyebrow pierced??
    thanks

NO!! When I was 16 I had 3 piercings in my ears, then I desperatly wanted my eyebrow pierced. I went into my nearest city and finally plucked up the courage to go in, got to their door and they were closed... I went home and stupidly tried to pierce my eyebrow myself using ice and a needle cos I'm (was) an EEJIT. Couldn't go through with it, twas too sore etc..

To this day, 14 years later, I'm delighted that I never got it pierced.

I think now that it's dated, and as the above poster said, you might be left with a scar. I saw plenty of lads in my school back then who had it done, and some were ripped out playing soccer, others were ripped out during fighting, and if you play soccer you'll be cautious if heading the ball...

But ultimately it's really up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think if you need to ask people on the internet if you should do it, you shouldn't do it.

That goes for most things actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

had mine done twice was a bit of a waste really because it grows out and your left with a scar on your eyebrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Petey89 wrote: »
    had mine done twice was a bit of a waste really because it grows out and your left with a scar on your eyebrow.

Doesn't always grow out I've had mine for ten years and it hadn't moved a mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

have both eyes done twice one done over 10 years never moved at all they take quite a bit of cleaning at the start sure get it done and if ya dont like it ya can take it out like its only a piercing if it stays in for 3 months theirs a good chance it wont grow out also make sure to change the bar after 1 month to a smaller one will heal faster as it wont be getting caught in cloths

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SlinkyL

got mine done when i was about your age and my head started to grow around it - took it out, left with a very slight scar cos I got it out on time - woulda been worse otherwise... I was told that if your brow bone is not very fleshy don't do it will begin to be swallowed by your head.. told this after I got it done unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I got mine done at 16 also. It lasted around a year before it just grew out. This was despite me doing everything possible with keeping it clean and healthy. My body just wasn't done growing.

If you really want to get it done, wait until your 18. The chances of it growing out will shrink and you'll be happy that you waited.

I got my lip done around 4 weeks ago (I'm 25 now) and I really wish I waited until I was a bit older to get my eyebrow done; I'd most likely still have it today instead of a scar. Least I have no fear of my lip growing out the same way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Got mine done first time round when I was 16. I never had any problems with it that weren't my own doing. e.g keeping it irritated by constantly having to take it out and put it back in. Had it for 5 or 6 years, till I took it out one day, lost the bar and never got round to buying a replacement. I only have 2 small dots as scars.
    My 2nd eyebrow did reject, I think it wasn't pierced deep enough as it started to reject pretty soon after getting it done. I intentionally left the bar in so I could see what would happen. I have a scar there, but it doesn't bother me and I don't regret letting it reject completly. BTW, the rejection process in that case was relatively pleasant. The skin over the piercing simply seemed to dry out and get thinner. But I have seen some bad ones.
    3rd eyebrow, still have it in after 2years. Had no problems with it so far.

As for should you; thats up to you. You're old enough to get one, but I'd wait a couple of weeks/months to make sure you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I got mine done at 16 also. It lasted around a year before it just grew out. This was despite me doing everything possible with keeping it clean and healthy. My body just wasn't done growing.

If you really want to get it done, wait until your 18. The chances of it growing out will shrink and you'll be happy that you waited.

I got my lip done around 4 weeks ago (I'm 25 now) and I really wish I waited until I was a bit older to get my eyebrow done; I'd most likely still have it today instead of a scar. Least I have no fear of my lip growing out the same way :p

I don't think that's due to growing, it's just the piercing being rejected by your body in the same way it would try to push out say, a splinter. Can't imagine being 18 as opposed to 16 would make a difference there. It either wasn't pierced deep enough or you just weren't suited to the piercing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If you currently play a lot of spots I wouldn't go jumping into it right now, you'll only aggravate it by taking it in and out all the time. Also, since you're 16 I'm assuming you're still in school, does your school allow visible piercings?

Advertisement