Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toastie sleeping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Short answer: I don't know.

Long answer: I have serious doubts. It gets very good reviews from amazon.com (as opposed to amazon.co.uk), but I think that you can't beat a good sleeping bag in cold weather.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Agree with The Mustard, a good sleeping bag is the way to go. Also even more important imho is a sleeping mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I used a fleece liner in the Andes, when bivvying up high, So liners do work. The fleece one was about 220mm long and 180mm diameter and weighed about 500-600g, its definitely lighter than a sliced pan but I'm speculating in the weight.

It gives a bit more flexibility in the sleeping bag as you won't be roasting down low or in a tent as you might with a heavier sleeping bag.

Can't remember how much it was, but fleece has gotten so cheap in the last few years, should be fairly inexpensive.

Advertisement