Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #92

• 16-11-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    L7|Bricks are Heavy|4
    Amorphis|Skyforger|3

Delighted with this weeks result. L7 are a band continually overlooked,maybe due to their shenanigans over the years,but the quality of Bricks are Heavy is undeniable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Great album though not as good as Hungry For Stink.
    Wonder if the will reform at some stage though I doubt they would have the energy they once had..well except for Donita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nea wrote: »
    Great album though not as good as Hungry For Stink.
    Wonder if the will reform at some stage though I doubt they would have the energy they once had..well except for Donita

Prefer Hungry for Stink myself for it's heavier sound and darker lyrics.

I'd be surprised if they did reform,just glad i got the chance to see them live when they backed up FNM at the Point in '92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Agreed,its sounds dark and menacing.
    I think they were totally underrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I didn't get Hungry for Stink at all. I was a big fan of Smell the Magic and Bricks are Heavy after seeing them support FNM at the Point but HFS was a big let down for me.

Advertisement