Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that game?

• 16-11-2012 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I remember I used to play this computer game at school in the 90s. I can remember everything about the game apart from the name.

It was a detective game where you would travel around the world and ask people questions about a suspect. They would tell you details and you would piece together a picture of him. I remember if the suspect was skinny and tall people would say "that he/she could hide behind a pole".

Can anyone remember the name of this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Could it be Where In The World Is The Confusingly Sexy Carmen Sandiego?

Or, you know, something close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I have another one. (Sorry if hijack but i think we need a generic thread like this it pops up so often)

It was only a demo i played so bare with me.

The game was an isometric RPG i think. You were a vampire and in a forest going around killing creatures.

The game would have been out around 1997-2000. Has been wrecking my head ever since i played it way back when and never saw it again.

P.S. Its not any form of Diablo/Baldurs Gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Second one sounds like Legacy of Kain, but that's too obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Second one sounds like Legacy of Kain, but that's too obvious.
    I'd be inclined to go with Blood Omen, even if it's not isometric.

The only other possibility is Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption which is even further away from isometric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doh, meant to say Blood Omen myself. Keep forgetting they released a Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain as well and a Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Johnny, does this look familiar? Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

carmen_sandiego_deluxe.png

Taylor, is your one Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain?

Kain_0003-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I've googled it and from the images it doesn't look like what i can remember.

I remember playing in a bit which was forested and really dark.

The only similarity i can remember is the ability to change 'forms'....i think. I can remember bats and thats abit it :P

The disc came with a magazine (was a friends) and when i tried to install on my pc (a whopping 68mb back then) i didn't have space :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Remember playing that in primary school

what a game

Advertisement