Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male chest tattoo; question about the chest hair

Options
  • 16-11-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of getting a tattoo on my chest. I have dark chest hair, its not thick where I want it, and the sizing I go with but it might regrow and start to cover it a little.
    I know it'll get shaved by the artist, but I wanted to know how others guys tattoos on their chest look, or what they think now after the hair has regrown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'm the same I have a wolf on my chest which now looks like a long haired german Shepard
    Only way is to shave it all if you want to show it
    When he shaves it it will grow back thicker aswell
    Suppose if it's a full chest piece then you may aswell shave it all off and keep at it or laser
    Sorry cant be more help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If it's a big piece the ink will show clearly through the hair, mine does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

My OH has a pirate ship on his hairy chest and it looks like it's hidden in fog :D

You'll still see it regardless, it's just personal preference whether you choose to keep up the shaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My mate has a large chest piece and tbh once you're looking at the tattoo, you tend to not notice the chest hair too much. It doesn't seem to affect the appearance, anyway. Like someone said, you could always keep shaving it if you wanted to.

Just to point out, a poster said the hair grows back thicker when you shave - it doesn't. It grows back with a blunt edge, making it look thicker, but isn't actually thicker. So don't worry about developing a small forest on your chest if you do decide to shave. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I have a black nd grey piece on my chest - can see it through the hair no problems!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement