Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from Intrum Justitia

Options
  • 16-11-2012 3:15am

My Mum, who is elderly, took up a bundle offer from UPC. For various reasons she cancelled after one day and the equipment went back. However she continued to receive bills from UPC. Eventually one came threatening that her details would be passed to a debt collection agency. I rang UPC with her and we explained how we had cancelled early in the cooling off period. They said to do nothing and that we would get a bill with zero on it.

Today she got a letter from Intrum Injustitia threatening legal action. I was furious when I heard. I rang these clowns and they said they would check with UPC. No satisfied I rang UPC. After spending ten minutes in a queue and navigating a God awful phone menu system I got a message that the billing department could not be contacted as they were in "training". I waited an hour and managed to trick their system into letting me speak with an agent. He was very apologetic and said it would be sorted.

I'd like to know can I make any sort of complaint about all this? My septuagenarian Mum was quite distressed. I had to ring IJ from Limerick at my own cost. I've also spent a considerable amount of time in the quasi-hell that is UPC's customer service. Basically I'm angry and want vengeance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Send in a letter of complaint. Don't e-mail, and don't call again. A letter especially when sent via Registered Post is pretty hard to ignore.

Make sure the letter sticks to the facts and don't go into a rant.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Make sure the letter comes from your mum and also make sure to mention that she will persue a harassment case against them if they don't desist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Got a few off them myself..Bin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

charlemont wrote: »

But won't they keep hounding the OP, then threatening to involve solicitors, legal action, court etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

charlemont wrote: »

The matter needs to be dealt with and put to bed once and for all.

Yes, I would ignore the letter from IJ. Not worth the paper it's written on. The problem is with UPC and I would address the letter of complaint in the strongest possible terms to them. Address the letter to The Chairman's Office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would consult a solicitor about suing UPC. Then have the solicitor do all the communicating.
    UPC will probably ignore your letter but they cannot ignore a solicitor's letter just as easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    But won't they keep hounding the OP, then threatening to involve solicitors, legal action, court etc?

Once you ignore them they dry up, Don't answer any unknown numbers either, I'm sure Three got them on to me, Three broke their agreement with me to provide adequate internet coverage, So I cancelled the DD and then IJ sent a few letters out and a few calls in which I didn't answer.

Another similar agency is Debt Flow Services, Bray, Wicklow..

Advertisement