Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to IEC 2013 announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CianSmith85

Nope you pretty much have it covered there you will need photographs two signed by Garda and then just wait for forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Nope you pretty much have it covered there you will need photographs two signed by Garda and then just wait for forms

passport photos obviously? just signed or do they need to be stamped also? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Are you sure about this? The passport photos didn't need to be signed by the guards last year. In fact nothing did. The police check was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I had to give the Gardai 2 passport photos to get my clearance............?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

seachto7 wrote: »
    I had to give the Gardai 2 passport photos to get my clearance............?

i didnt they just gave me mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Hope this isn't a stupid/out of place question-a few people who have posted here seem pretty clued in so thought it would be a good place to ask! I'm hoping to get my visa for Canada 2013 along with the rest of you; i'm from N.Ireland, have lived here all my life and hold an Irish passport. I'm abit confused regarding police checks-someone told me Irish participants from N.Ireland need Access NI clearance (the basic one), but someone else told me i'd have to apply for police checks through the UK's ACPO. Had never even heard of the latter til it was mentioned to me this week. Any info on this would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

From the website:
    For Irish applicants, a valid Police Certificate is the original document which is prepared by either the Garda or in the Police Service Northern Ireland. Applicants who do not sumbit the original documents will be refused.

So that to me would be the NI police. You are applying as an Irish citizen on your Irish passport so assuming you haven't lived in England/Scotland/Wales then the NI police cert is fine

Can anyone confirm if the CV needs to be a Canadian Resume or an Irish CV when applying? I have been told it can be an Irish CV, and I have been told it needs to be a Canadian Resume...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

seachto7 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the CV needs to be a Canadian Resume or an Irish CV when applying? I have been told it can be an Irish CV, and I have been told it needs to be a Canadian Resume...

I'm applying with my Irish CV. I'm 99.9% sure it does not have to be a Canadian resume.

WasterEx wrote: »
    I'm applying with my Irish CV. I'm 99.9% sure it does not have to be a Canadian resume.

I'm getting the picture that you need to submit a cv?!? Glad mine is up to date, although perhaps a tweak or two wouldn't go amiss. Why do we need a cv may I ask?

• Advertisement

OK, I'll go with the Irish one....

I'm just waiting for the fupping forms to be released!!!

hdowney wrote: »
    I'm getting the picture that you need to submit a cv?!? Glad mine is up to date, although perhaps a tweak or two wouldn't go amiss. Why do we need a cv may I ask?

Yeah, you need to submit one along with your application. Not sure why they need it, I guess they do a quick scan of your CV just to match the information with other forms you've filled in. Not sure tbh. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Guys, I participated in the program back in 2007 to 2008, so, I should be fine to apply now with the new changes in the rules? Part of me thinks it's fine, but part of me is not sure how to read it :l

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys, I participated in the program back in 2007 to 2008, so, I should be fine to apply now with the new changes in the rules? Part of me thinks it's fine, but part of me is not sure how to read it :l

Yup mate you can apply as long as you haven't participated in the IEC twice already. Applying this time you'll have a 2 year visa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

WasterEx wrote: »
    Yup mate you can apply as long as you haven't participated in the IEC twice already. Applying this time you'll have a 2 year visa.

Outstanding Doc!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jaybommber

Hello there Just a quick question..
    1 I have my first IEC visa to be activated by june 2013
    Would anyone recomend applying now for the second IEC thinking ill get it round march - june 2013 and to be activated by june 2014
    2 Or apply in 2014 jan and hope to get it by june 2014
    Any info would be great
    also if I go june 2013 on the 1st visa and have the second visa also. does that mean i am good till 2016???
    Thanks Again

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

jaybommber wrote: »
    Hello there Just a quick question..
    1 I have my first IEC visa to be activated by june 2013
    Would anyone recomend applying now for the second IEC thinking ill get it round march - june 2013 and to be activated by june 2014
    2 Or apply in 2014 jan and hope to get it by june 2014
    Any info would be great
    also if I go june 2013 on the 1st visa and have the second visa also. does that mean i am good till 2016???
    Thanks Again

I emailed the IEC last year asking them this. They told me it would most likely be refused as I already had an unactivated visa. If I was your I would wait for 2014. You'll be granted another two years then and be good till 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

im currently in canada on my first IEC. when applying for my next one do i just apply for the same visa as new applicants or is there a seperate link for 2nd timers?

if ye know what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

snoopmadra wrote: »
    im currently in canada on my first IEC. when applying for my next one do i just apply for the same visa as new applicants or is there a seperate link for 2nd timers?

if ye know what i mean?

I'm in the same boat as you. We apply for the same program, exact same way. This time you'll have to put your sin number on the form

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you. We apply for the same program, exact same way. This time you'll have to put your sin number on the form

cheers,was getting a bit stressed as couldnt find an answer!!

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Sacramento wrote: »
    I have a LOI from the previous 2012 program that expires June 2013, I haven't entered Canada yet and so, have not received my Visa. Can I get a two year one now instead of one?

Just an FYI, current holders of LOIs still get the 12months they applied for :-/

"IRELAND: If an Irish citizen holds a Letter of Introduction dated for the 2012 participation year, then they should only receive a work permit valid for 12 months as per the agreement at that time. If it is their first participation, they can apply for the 2013 or onwards participations and, if approved, receive the 24-month work permit."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeMcSavlon

Hi there Im just wondering if anyone has any info on this or are in the same situation. Myself and my girlfriend have just arrived in van on a one year visa it was issued to us in 2012 but we have arrived the end of Jan 2013. Our visas state that we have to be leaving Jan 2014. Does anyone know does that mean we have to go through the whole process again to stay the extra year or is there a way of sending an email with our reference numbers etc to the iec and they just extend it..
    Ive gone throught the IEC site and cant seem to find the information.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you have to start from the begining bus i would do it asap as there is only 700 places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

600 now :( I have to get a new passport, so I'd imagine by the time I get it the places will be all gone. Looks like I'll have to wait until next year :(

its crazy i say they will be gone by today its still only 12.37 ottawa where they are processed they will be gone today i say:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Well if I'm on the ball next year, it'll probably mean I can go in March/April of next year?

yea probaly it would dont lose hope doh:D

It is shocking that they are all gone already. They are accepting some supplementary applications (goodness knows how many) to fill the places where people cocked up/dropped out, but other than that, that's it. Madness. People want out of this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

hdowney wrote: »
    It is shocking that they are all gone already. They are accepting some supplementary applications (goodness knows how many) to fill the places where people cocked up/dropped out, but other than that, that's it. Madness. People want out of this country.

More like people want an extended holiday to be fair. Most will trot home in the next year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

jank wrote: »
    More like people want an extended holiday to be fair. Most will trot home in the next year or two.

I agree somewhat with your point but for some people applying for the iec visa is the opportunity to find a job and make a better life for themselves.

Advertisement