Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Annual Winter Forecast Contest -- enter by 1st December

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

Cheers MT.. for your hard work again.
    Congrats to all. Especially nilhg and myself.
    It was an interesting challenge for myself.
    Looking forward to the next challenge.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Thanks M.T for all your hard work in running this competition. I’m delighted with a top three finish. Just make sure you don’t forget your golf clubs if you make it over this side of the pond

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Well done to all who took part and many thanks to MT for his hard work on this competition and also the annual/monthly one.

All I can say is roll on the Summer comp, I'm going to forecast a long hot (barbecue even:D) Summer and hope my luck holds:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Not that much work, and certainly not "hard" work compared to moving 40-kg cartons of printed matter from point A to B (this was one of my various Canadian gulag jobs).

The plan is to get our sorry asses over to Ireland in 2014, which means that summer is a total write-off, can't be salvaged. There's hope for 2013 then.

I would hope to play some golf, but might leave the clubs at home, last time I lugged them across the Atlantic (something I only did once in 2007, UK) it was more trouble than not. I just need a bit of time with a decent set and I can play the same mediocre game as I get out of my own implements of destruction. Only have a short game anyway, life or death to reach that stage.

Now that I am doing more photo editing over on the IWO site, my thoughts turn to visiting Ireland even more frequently and we would do it this year except for some conflicting events in the one suitable month (August) so it's going to have to wait for a clearer schedule as per 2014, all being well.

Any suggestions as to alternative contest questions for summer? We won't be predicting snow or maximum wind gusts, methinks. Something to do with thunder and heaviest rainfall perhaps. The other parts can stay. Question is, should we give up and accept that summer is really July, August and September and forget about June? Or shall we play along with the astronomers and pretend that June is a summer month?

Advertisement