Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommedations for a good web develpment company

Options
  • 16-11-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I will be sending out a proposal over the next week for three websites in different language with an ecommerce platform. We will have a "find your product through questions" feature so there will probably be a need for part of the site to be database driven.

Based in East/South East preferably.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Hi,

I will be sending out a proposal over the next week for three websites in different language with an ecommerce platform. We will have a "find your product through questions" feature so there will probably be a need for part of the site to be database driven.

Based in East/South East preferably.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

I can recommend iSeek, based in Cork.
    No affiliation other than a satisfied customer. Found Liam to be straight talking and very knowledgable in his field

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

<shameless plug>Happy to help out myself if you are looking for a quotation or related help. :) Based in Waterford, I run a small business Alpha Design offering a full range of web solutions (web development, social media development, mobile app development and web hosting from €40 & IE Domain €25) and design solutions including for websites & printing. Business is quiet, so would be delighted with the opportunity to quote and see if we could work together within your budget. :)</shameless plug>

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fc2060

I am based in Dublin but I have used a company based in Cork for the development of maintenance of my website, http://www.studioforty9.com/. They really understand e-commerce and have won many awards for their work.

My sites are built around the Magento open source e-commerce software platform. We sell an electronic product in 12 different currencies and seven different languages. Magento is particularly suitable for this type of environment

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheMan80

Well honestly I would advice to employ own developers with a short contract if u think to build some really serous

When u order a serious project to someone, usually it is never what u expect to see, or at list when u start to use it u'll find it out

we had few project to develop and we decided to order it to an external company, (Unfortunately we did listen to "other peoples" advices) have to tell, worse experience ever, it took nearly 1,5 year then I decided to take it in to own hands, and final product was a project developed on PHP, MySQL and Hypertable database under Hadoop file system with amassing performance and fastest load of queries and just in 6 months time :) , and with lowest possible costs for such project.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Love the <shameless plug> </shameless plug> tag!

Call a spade a shovel

• Advertisement
Advertisement