Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Dialler

Options
  • 16-11-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hey Gang

anyone have a ball park price on what one of these cost to put onto my system, I've some kind of HKC system only couple years old and its got a digi dialler for the landline which may or may not be causing DSL problems and we may be changing providers to a wireless broadband system, just want to know an average price for one before i call my installer to get a full price so I know I'm getting a good deal

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

BobMc wrote: »
    Hey Gang

anyone have a ball park price on what one of these cost to put onto my system, I've some kind of HKC system only couple years old and its got a digi dialler for the landline which may or may not be causing DSL problems and we may be changing providers to a wireless broadband system, just want to know an average price for one before i call my installer to get a full price so I know I'm getting a good deal

thanks in advance

They cost about €330 in the suppliers.
    The best way to rule the alarm out of a problem with an internet connection is to disconnect the line from the alarm. Plug the router into the main line with all other lines disconnected and test. If there are other lines being connected connect one by one to see what is causing the problem. If you get the same results with the alarm and other lines disconnected then you know what the problem is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

was quoted e450.00 so thats a fair price in my mind considering they arent a charity and need to install and programme etc., dont think the alarm connection is causing the dsl problem more likely poor infrastructure in our locale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

BobMc wrote: »
    was quoted e450.00 so thats a fair price in my mind considering they arent a charity and need to install and programme etc., dont think the alarm connection is causing the dsl problem more likely poor infrastructure in our locale

Usually turns out to be the case if a DSL filter is fitted.

Advertisement