Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LTE on Three: have I made a boo-boo?

• 16-11-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ordered an iPhone 5 off Three a couple of weeks ago, due to get it next week.

Now I read that Three have paid the lowest for their 4G spectra, so presumably got the runt of the litter.

Will Three's 4G be 3rd rate?
    Should I just hold my breath and endure O2's noxious gases?
    Will batman make it out of the Death Star compactor alive?

6321091_std.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Now I read that Three have paid the lowest for their 4G spectra, so presumably got the runt of the litter.

6321091_std.jpg
    The answer to the last part is yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

6321091_std.jpg

Great op, would read again!

Afaik the iPhone 5 has 1800 MHz support, but three didn't buy that spectrum. You may have to switch to voda, O2 or meteor to use lte. Or wait til iPhone 5s, which will probably be out by the time lte gets to market.

As for batman, well, he's the goddamn batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭listermint

6321091_std.jpg

In short i dont think you need to worry about 4G yet, i doubt youll be seeing it until midway or late 2013. Your glorious Iphone5 4GSG will be out by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Elessar wrote: »
    Great op, would read again!

Afaik the iPhone 5 has 1800 MHz support, but three didn't buy that spectrum. You may have to switch to voda, O2 or meteor to use lte. .

Have a look on the comreg site, they have 1800 and plenty of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

Ah ok I didn't realise Hutchinson were Three :o. I was almost as confused as Adam West in this gif:

3036211_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

6321091_std.jpg

I'm sure ROBBING will have a part to play for these company's :)

Advertisement