Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato bread/ Farl recipe

Options
  • 16-11-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello, I am looking for a recipe for ulster style potato bread (like you would buy in dunnes). I want to use potato flakes to make it, could anyone give me some guidance on proportions of flakes, flour etc? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Weebuns12 wrote: »
    Hello, I am looking for a recipe for ulster style potato bread (like you would buy in dunnes). I want to use potato flakes to make it, could anyone give me some guidance on proportions of flakes, flour etc? Thank you!

What do you mean by potato flakes ? All traditional potato cake recipes I have seen used mashed potato.

Different recipes have different proportions of potato to flour. After some trial and error, I find 1lb potato to 2oz flour works best.

Here is a recipe I have used.but without the scallions,

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=potato-cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Weebuns12

Yeah the only recipes I could find were using actual potato. I have a packet of smash I want to use to make them. I have seen on shop bought potato bread, flakes of potato in the ingredients.

Advertisement