Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMEI Disabled by Gadget Insurance

Options
  • 16-11-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks i think I posted this in the wrong section yesterday I got told off... so if anyone can tell me if you make a claim with Gadget insurance for an iPhone do they automatically cancel your IMEI number

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You didn't get told off, you just got directed to the right place. And this still isn't the right place, just follow the link I provided previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hi folks i think I posted this in the wrong section yesterday I got told off... so if anyone can tell me if you make a claim with Gadget insurance for an iPhone do they automatically cancel your IMEI number

You loose phone, ring (3,meteor,o2,vodafone) whoever.

You get them to block the phone and IMEI

You then go to Gadget Insurance and Make Your Claim

Your claim is ok and they send you a new phone.

You then call them up (Gadget Insurance) when you receive new phone and give them the new IMEI number of your new phone. Also do this with your phone provider.

Done And Dusted

If for some reason your asking because you made a claim and you then found the phone again, the IMEI would have been blocked because you would have had the phone blocked by your provider before making the claim.

If that's the case you ring the phone provider and they will unblock it, and your supposed to send the new claim phone back or the lost one back. That's if they ask you of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ad39tallaght

Thanks so much, that was basically what I was asking. It was genuienly lost back in June but has turned up in a relatives house... but obviously it is as dead as a door nail.... and I thought someone in our house could re-use it.

Advertisement