Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Have you Bought for others for Christmas (merge)

• 16-11-2012 1:03pm

i bought my mam & dad ryanair tickets from them to go to spain as a surprise

i bought my younger brother wii u & load of games for wii u ps3 & 3ds to many to count

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well guess who won the lotto on wednesday...

smash wrote: »
    well guess who won the lotto on wednesday...

im off showing off just asking what did you guys buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i printed out some made up tickets i did on my computer to disneyworld for a joke on christmas morning, it will be so funny when they realise they wont be going :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Christmas is miles away - I've gotten nobody anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just got the family a new Samsung 32" Smart LED Tv. That's gonna sort me out for the parents and both sisters all in one.

Living at home at the minute too so it's also like a gift to myself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I have the Turkey and Ham ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

i bought my mam & dad ryanair tickets from them to go to spian as a surprise

i bought my younger brother wii u & load of games for wii u ps3 & 3ds to many to count

Where's that ?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i got my parents first class tickets to the bahamas, at a 5 star hotel for a month.

I got my brother the latest iPod, iPhone, and all of the up to date game consuls and games. I also bought him a game room, that he can stick on the back of the house to play these games.

I bought my younger sister a convertible.

Still have to shop for random people tho. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Festy wrote: »
    Where's that ?

:pac:

I am sure the poster means Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

And maybe next year they'll get the return tickets :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Christmas is miles away - I've gotten nobody anything!

Exactly. Christmas shopping is always better just a few days before Christmas. Shopping centres packed. Spend an hour looking for parking. Really long queues filled with the bewildered and downright stupid. People emptying their coin jar to pay for the only crap presents left because everything else is sold out. Can barely move in the shopping centre, and if you do you'll likely knock over a kid who's running about the place.

I love it. That's one of my favourite parts of Christmas. It's utterly amazing to watch and be part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

does that mean that you "bought" the tickets but used their credit card :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Pffft, I haven't even the Halloween decorations down yet.

Nope, I always do my Christmas shopping at 12.07pm on December 24th. There's nothing like blind panic to focus the mind otherwise if I started now, I'd be buying bits and pieces then when i'd have them bought see nicer bits and pieces two weeks down the road.

Plus it's come on down to bargaintown on Christmas Eve in most shops (especially petrol stations)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Spiritual wrote: »
    I am sure the poster means Spain.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :rolleyes:

Plazaman wrote: »
    Pffft, I haven't even the Halloween decorations down yet.

Nope, I always do my Christmas shopping at 12.07pm on December 24th. There's nothing like blind panic to focus the mind otherwise if I started now, I'd be buying bits and pieces then when i'd have them bought see nicer bits and pieces two weeks down the road.

Plus it's come on down to bargaintown on Christmas Eve in most shops (especially petrol stations)

"Sh*t... I forget to get XXXX a present, and it's 5:45pm on Christmas Eve..."

"PETROL VOUCHER!"

(saved my bacon manys a Christmas :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

You guys are buying Christmas gifts already?

I'm very impressed by these super-organized people who buy Christmas gifts months and months in advance. But I agree with others who like the atmosphere of Christmas shopping closer to the day.

it's all about racing around town at the last minute Christmas eve for me, having minor heart attacks at the sound of shutters descending.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I refuse to acknowledge Christmas until December :P Mind you I've already made a list of what presents to get various people because every other year I've sucked at buying stuff people want/need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

So basically what are you intending on buying your girlfriend/boyfriend, fiancee, wife or husband this year for Christmas?

Have you already bought it or are you still wrecking your head on what to get them?

Have one present intended on buying for my girlfriend but its only a small and I'm stuck after that:p So yes... I may steal ye're presents:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

We don't go crazy, but I'm going to get her some decent headphones, Sennheiser probably.

Thankfully I have an ongoing thing with my other thirds not to buy anything for Xmas. We focus christmas solely on the children in our respective families. Nieces and newphers and the like. We never buy each other - siblings - parents or anyone anything else. To those we just give the gift of time - ensuring that we are together as much as possible at the end of the year.

This takes a load of pressure and expense off and allows us to focus on the people who really do enjoy Xmas the most - the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

OP - Smug rich poster is smug - but can't spell ;)

Ha.

Im an average daughter/sister/present buyer...
    Liverpool top/framed Johnny Cash poster for the two brothers.
    Make up for the sister.
    Clothes for the baby half brother and sister
    Restaurant voucher for dad&stepmum
    Dvds for mum
    Tie and cufflinks for step dad.

Job done.

I'm going to get an empty engagement ring box. Then on Christmas Morning, I'll get down on one knee, open the box and say "Surprise! It's an imaginary engagement ring!"

Luckily, she too is imaginary, so it'll really look well on her.

(Edit: This was originally a response to the "What do you intend on buying your OH this Christmas?" thread, which has now been merged with this one, making this post look even sadder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

got the wife a 32 gig memory card for her phone, pyjamas, david guetta cd and getting her her tan and nails for xmas and a surprise
    cleaned out the disney shop for my son and some other disney stuff from smyths
    toys for my neice
    cash for my 2 nephews because they are going to disneyland in feb
    books for the parents in law;
    perfume for my mam

a nice case of guinness and a litre of black bush for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Penn wrote: »
    I'm going to get an empty engagement ring box. Then on Christmas Morning, I'll get down on one knee, open the box and say "Surprise! It's an imaginary engagement ring!"

Luckily, she too is imaginary, so it'll really look well on her.

(Edit: This was originally a response to the "What do you intend on buying your OH this Christmas?" thread, which has now been merged with this one, making this post look even sadder)

Feeling a tad sorry for your timing and the timing of the merge now:p

OP - Smug rich poster is smug - but can't spell ;)

Ha.

Im an average daughter/sister/present buyer...
    Liverpool top/framed Johnny Cash poster for the two brothers.
    Make up for the sister.
    Clothes for the baby half brother and sister
    Restaurant voucher for dad&stepmum
    Dvds for mum
    Tie and cufflinks for step dad.

Job done.

your post is further away from the truth i am not rich or smug :mad:

as the title says what did you buy your family for christmas just saying what i bought

& sorry (to others) for spelling mistake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

i bought my mam & dad ryanair tickets from them to go to spain as a surprise

You're a really good son and brother :D

I bought mammy perfume
    Daddy Voucher for Paddy Powers and Shaving Stuff
    Sister a watch
    Bro in law clothes from Champion Sports
    Amazing girlfriend who's friends with me on this (so I won't say), I'll replace with asterisks **** ***** ***** ***** and ********

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I have all my presents bought and wrapped all ready, this is the first year ever that I wont have to do it right before Christmas in a blind panic :D I'm leaving the country from the 30th of Nov until December 21st so I didnt really have a choice but to be organised! Feels wrong :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I refuse to acknowledge Christmas until December :P Mind you I've already made a list of what presents to get various people because every other year I've sucked at buying stuff people want/need

What ya buy me??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

What ya buy me??

A bag to cover your face :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement