Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

He's a top class performer, he performed rock solid for over 3 hours.

Never been to one of his concerts before but now I understand the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

my 1st time concert too. wow. just wow. played 20min pre show...then 3 n a half hours straight...was hoping to hear radio nowhere but feck it...delighted l went and looking very forward to kilkenny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

leahyl wrote: »
    Did he just finish? How long was he on?

~19:20 - 23:00!

I can understand his die hard followers wanting to get to the stage side of the pit, he really includes his audience, shaking hands, letting them play his guitar, taking song request and Ross with the Boss, happy 12th Birthday 26/7/13, lucky kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg after seeing the setlist I'm worried he won't do all the classics again on Thursday!! I hope he does Glory Days, Waiting on a Sunny Day and Human Touch! I want them all!!!

• Advertisement

he'll defo do waiting on a sunny day...he does that in most concerts

phog wrote: »
    I can understand his die hard followers wanting to get to the stage side of the pit, he really includes his audience, shaking hands, letting them play his guitar, taking song request and Ross with the Boss, happy 12th Birthday 26/7/13, lucky kid.

l didnt know any irish people that made it right up to the barrier, seemed alot of english and italians...l was in the second row...kinda annoying but l guess they qued the longest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Munster Images has a nice photo album up already.

See link. :)

l didnt know any irish people that made it right up to the barrier, seemed alot of english and italians...l was in the second row...kinda annoying but l guess they qued the longest!

Kind of answers why they camped out, not locals.

He mentioned the jockey JT McNamara, Limerick's win on Sunday and they being champions and sang My HomeTown, knows how to get a crowd going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Unbelievable show, the best 90quid I ever spent and worth every penny.

It felt like when the floodlights came on after 10 he said feck that I'm going as long as I want. Incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Big question is....will he end up in the Chicken Hut later on?

Not a hope... Donkey Fordes all the way..:P

Bruce was in Kilkee today also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

first springsteen concert but it wont be my last. absolutely amazing concert.

only started queuing at half three and I was in the top fifteen people at the green gate so straight into the pit for me.

just under 4 hours played if you include the acoustic pre-show. the mans a true legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the Boss -

FFC22F05C713445C96CA760DD6C1E23F-0000317959-0003310477-00800L-22DBF5F99A74418F9D39F88BFC7DA594.jpg

he really was in top form tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

My highlight: Dancing in the dark :D Great to see it live

Another Springsteen first timer, and it certainly won't be my last (you know you make me wanna shout..........!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

just under 4hrs? That effin nutz!

Looking forward to Thursday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Jofspring wrote: »
    Unbelievable show, the best 90quid I ever spent and worth every penny.

It felt like when the floodlights came on after 10 he said feck that I'm going as long as I want. Incredible!

They usually come on when he plays Born in the USA .;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

jonski wrote: »
    Can hear him here in Janesboro :) .

The atmosphere coming in the Ennis Road and straight up through town at 4:30 today was great .

I'm not the only Janesboro person on this so! :pac:
    Was just by shelbourne park tonight, such a good show!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was there last night as well, great show, some performer, etc. etc.

It was my first concert in TP as well, I have to say they did a great job, massive queues at the bars, but they couldn't do anything about that, they couldn't have fitted more in. I was surprised at the noise from the stands down to the pitch, but the stadium is designed to have noise come from the stands to the pitch not the other way around. Hopefully they'll see this is the type of performer Limerick wants to see now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What a great night for Limerick. Kess and the Boss in the same stadium at the same time. :D

The only complaint I would have is the burger place inside at the back of the crowd. A friend had to que for well over an hour for a burger and chips. Started queig at 6:50 and got back to ua at 8:15. They couldn't handle the crowd at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

created a spotify playlist for the setlist, some songs not available(the covers)

https://play.spotify.com/playlist/1J4PJLCp5jJIHKB6bg8joC

let me know if the link doesn't work

when he performed Shout - omg such fun!! when you think hes finished, he just keeps going and going..very jealous of anyone going to all 5 shows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cork is going to be EPIC! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

when he performed Shout - omg such fun!! when you think hes finished, he just keeps going and going..very jealous of anyone going to all 5 shows!

I'm happy out with the 1, don't want to be comparing, wouldn't be fair, he'll probably play something in another concert that was missing in Limerick or something else. The weather was a great bonus as well though, couldn't imagine being on the pitch in the rain, although I can't understand people sitting down at concerts either.

Clareman wrote: »
    The weather was a great bonus as well though, couldn't imagine being on the pitch in the rain, although I can't understand people sitting down at concerts either.

i saw him in the RDS a few years back on what was the wettest night i have ever been at anything, and he started with who'll stop the rain. sun came out about 3/4's of the way through, and immediately broke into waiting on a sunny day

after the deluge we got that night I'm 100% confident the boss can overcome any natural obstacle, pints were filling up with rainwater quicker than they could be drank

dare i say it, it was possibly a better gig than last night? edit - nah, last night was better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

great gig, was it just me or did I hear booing comeing from the stands at one stage?

zweton wrote: »
    great gig, was it just me or did I hear booing comeing from the stands at one stage?

shouts of bruuuuuuucccccccceeeee maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

zweton wrote: »

I was in the stand, although down the front near the pitch. Fairly sure it was people chanting Bruuucceee. Kind of sounded like booing alright though

Advertisement