Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why on earth would they be booing the man?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Volvic12 wrote: »
    I was in the stand, although down the front near the pitch. Fairly sure it was people chanting Bruuucceee. Kind of sounded like booing alright though

He was being 'Bruced' - its been happening at all his shows since back in the 70s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

That's ok so :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Jofspring wrote: »
    The only complaint I would have is the burger place inside at the back of the crowd. A friend had to que for well over an hour for a burger and chips. Started queig at 6:50 and got back to ua at 8:15. They couldn't handle the crowd at all.

Same here...queued for 90 minutes for the pleasure of paying €15 for a burger, chip and bottle of orange.

Had a great night, was my fourth or fifth time seeing him and I'd rate it as good as any of the others, can't say it was my favourite though without Clarence Clemons but a great night for Limerick.

I'd say Bohs did well too, was getting a pint around 10ish and they were cleared out, barely any drink left and no change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

He never did streets of Philadelphia :( (from what I could hear from my friends back garden... :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    He never did streets of Philadelphia :( (from what I could hear from my friends back garden... :p )

From what I've read, he doesn't normally do that song a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Great to see such a legend play in Thomond.They should have 2 or 3 of these kind of gigs if possible-maybe try & get the Stones or Pink Floyd, Coldplay etc.They also need to build an indoor venue of around 8-10,000.Should try & build it near where the new square will be going up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

We started Bruuuuucing near the end of the gig last night and where greeting with turned up noses and were told to shut up! Guess they didn't know!

I'm not a huge Springteen fan! Love my rock music and seen plenty of concerts and gigs, And that was probably the best gig I've been at. He puts on such a performance! The band where amazing. I really regret getting seats, wish I had been on the ground.

I'm about to become a huge Springteen fan!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think he saw a request sign for it and said something like "the band don't know that 1"

• Advertisement

Son0vagun wrote: »
    We started Bruuuuucing near the end of the gig last night and where greeting with turned up noses and were told to shut up! Guess they didn't know!

I'm not a huge Springteen fan! Love my rock music and seen plenty of concerts and gigs, And that was probably the best gig I've been at. He puts on such a performance! The band where amazing. I really regret getting seats, wish I had been on the ground.

I'm about to become a huge Springteen fan!

I started a "Chug Chug Chug" chant when he took the beer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Clareman wrote: »
    I think he saw a request sign for it and said something like "the band don't know that 1"

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Great show, more than made up for the poor service and inept stewarding in Thomand, I'll never complain about the RDS again.

Just hope he gets bitusa out of the way in Cork & Belfast, leaving Darkness for Kilkenny.

:(

I was seriously impressed with his crowd interaction skills, I can see why people really wanted into the pit, saying that I wouldn't have been impressed if he took my €6 pint and didn't even sign the glass giving it back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Fantastic gig but expected nothing else as Im a huge fan anyway but seeing him live your hometown is awesome. We had a nice spot at the back of the pit so could come and go easily enough. Only thing that pissed me off, and it was my own fault, was missing 41 Shots while queuing for beers. Its rare enough he plays it but chances were high after the Trayvon Martin ruling the other day. Damn rounds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Clareman wrote: »
    although I can't understand people sitting down at concerts either.

Its hard work standing for 4-5 hours ,especially if you are older with ailments like bad back,knee etc.

I normally stand myself but was happy to have a good seat last night to rest at times as my knees aren't what they used to be.
    Most people in the stands stood for the last hour and a good few earlier songs so its a nice compromise.

First time being in Thomond since redevelopment and thoroughly impressed with the facilities.The seats were great too,very comfortable and loads of leg room unlike tomorrow nights seats .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Scar001

Like others, my first Springsteen concert and hopefully not my last.
    Thought he, his musicians and singers were fantastic.
    To my untrained ear, I thought the sound was excellent as was the camera work for the large screens.
    The views of the crowds on the screens were amazing, something I have been watching for years from rock stadiums around the world but now it was from my home city.
    A real showcase for Limerick.

Finally well done to the 30,000+? people who enjoyed themselves last night. Not once did I notice and messing or unruly behaviour.

A great great night for Limerick and its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robertlegear

Yep, an excellent concert, Bruce was in flying form, the crowd were great, everyone was up for having a good time, no one causing trouble, the weather was great, the band and Bruce were great, the atmosphere wonderful. Only thing is Thomond Park should have had at least 10 extra people at each bar. Why can't they do it like at other concert venues and have one person pulling pints another doing the till and another conveying pints to the customer. It wouldn't have eliminated the queues altogether, but it would have sped it up significantly. I must have missed 40 minutes of the concert when it was my round. All in all however a wonderful occasion.

That is a song he did solo without E Street Band so it very rarely gets played and when it does it's not really like the original

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Yep, an excellent concert, Bruce was in flying form, the crowd were great, everyone was up for having a good time, no one causing trouble, the weather was great, the band and Bruce were great, the atmosphere wonderful. Only thing is Thomond Park should have had at least 10 extra people at each bar. Why can't they do it like at other concert venues and have one person pulling pints another doing the till and another conveying pints to the customer. It wouldn't have eliminated the queues altogether, but it would have sped it up significantly. I must have missed 40 minutes of the concert when it was my round. All in all however a wonderful occasion.

afaik, the bars are leased out to a catering company. Masterchef iirc.

It's the one drawback about the place. Even at European rugby games they seenm completely overwhelmed at times.

Otherwise, and back to last night. Wasn't there myself but met so many happy people after the concert in town that I'm still envious.;)

Next time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Fantastic night last night.
    Was his wife there last night, in the band does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Must have been a great buzz in town afterwards.I take it the likes of Nancy Blakes were busy?

The 1 thing that I can't understand is why they have people that can only pull 1 pint at a time pulling the pints, in Cardiff and places like that they have 4 at a time going out. But it's outsourced so it that company that's losing money, not the ground so it's ok with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

babygirlz wrote: »

Patti wasn't in the band last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

News that Bruce dedicated the song "American Skin (41 shots)" to Trayvon Martin at Thomond Park making the news stateside.

link to New Jersey's "Star Ledger" contains some vids and review from last night.

http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf/2013/07/bruce_springsteen_3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman76

babygirlz wrote: »

Not there last night, due to family commitments I heard, but will be appearing with them at the last Irish show/s to close the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

did anyone buy the limerick leader newspaper? got my photo taken and forgot to buy it when l went home....any few pics in it of the concert??

did anyone buy the limerick leader newspaper? got my photo taken and forgot to buy it when l went home....any few pics in it of the concert??

There were a few, maybe 10 of people at the concert, surely will be more at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    There were a few, maybe 10 of people at the concert, surely will be more at the weekend

spot anyone from kerry?

• Advertisement

spot anyone from kerry?

Can't remember to be honest....will check in a while and come back to you

Advertisement