Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

spot anyone from kerry?

Not today, Caherconlish was most exotic. I'll have weekend edition tomorrow morning so I'll let you know then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Not today, Caherconlish was most exotic. I'll have weekend edition tomorrow morning so I'll let you know then

aw feck...is there a good bit about the concert in it? might order a copy if l can

you know the people that were giving out the pit numbers...who were they? part of the production team or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

you know the people that were giving out the pit numbers...who were they? part of the production team or something?

Original ones (jamiw) were just fans who arrived early. Afterwords an Aiken team arrived & joined with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think they're a fan group that travel around to gigs organising the pit on a voluntary basis. Dedicated :-)

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    I think they're a fan group that travel around to gigs organising the pit on a voluntary basis. Dedicated :-)

fair play to them they did a good job

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Original ones (jamiw) were just fans who arrived early. Afterwords an Aiken team arrived & joined with them :)

jamiw which one was he? was looking through my pics and have one of one of those lads looking up at bruce when he came into the crowd

jamiw which one was he? was looking through my pics and have one of one of those lads looking up at bruce when he came into the crowd

Jamie* phone went weird :p
    He was the english lad with the long blonde hair :)

Jamie* phone went weird :p
    He was the english lad with the long blonde hair :)

oya that fella...he was interviewed by tv3...hes some die hard fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Amazing concert.
    Will he come back to Limerick do ye think? This is the first time playing outside Dublin really isn't it?

• Advertisement

juneg wrote: »
    Amazing concert.
    Will he come back to Limerick do ye think? This is the first time playing outside Dublin really isn't it?

you forgot slane!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

you forgot slane!

"Hello, Dublin!"

:D

(I think Eminem and Bon Jovi have both fallen into that one! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Live in the South Circular Road could hear him singing at least to make out the songs and a lot of the words. Sounded great

"Hello, Dublin!"

:D

(I think Eminem and Bon Jovi have both fallen into that one! :P )

did he say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Bon Jovi said it at Punchestown a few years back also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

did he say that?

I don't think the Boss did, but plenty of others have done it over the years.

I don't think the Boss did, but plenty of others have done it over the years.

he said it at slane i think, but certainly not last night.

where bouts were you last night benny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jaysus I don't think he would have survived if he said it last night :-P people would have rushed at the stage and attacked our boss :-P

where bouts were you last night benny?

bout 5 rows form the stage:) was a very happy camper, even if today I'm looking like a lobster because of it :p

You get close/find your way there okay? :)

• Advertisement

bout 5 rows form the stage:) was a very happy camper, even if today I'm looking like a lobster because of it :p

You get close/find your way there okay? :)

ya was delighted with my spot...1st/2nd row to the barrier right in the middle, nearly shook his hand but my arm was just too short :pac: didnt think ld make it up so close so was happy out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Clareman wrote: »

Not the best of shots from Press 22. Ken Coleman had a way better image published on the Limerick Leader

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/limerick-rocks-to-bruce-springsteen-1-5290872

I'm not a die hard fan - got tickets for my DH and brought him to the concert but I have to say it was a great concert and I loved it. Also delighted that Bruce mentioned the hurling final as I saw Ollie Moran and Niall Moran on the pitch when I went to buy t-shirts so it must have been extra special for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A couple of songs (41 Shots & My Hometown) and him drinking the pint are up on this YouTube channel

Did anyone manage to get a compact camera in with then on Tuesday night? I was gonna chance it cos I don't think my iPhone is good enough really unless I'm right near the stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Loads of people had cameras around me anyway. By the way, people that spend a concert with their phone held over their head recording it have a new level of disdain from me, ffs, watch the show, if you want to relive it afterwards buy a DVD or album, don't decide to put your phone/camera up in the air to annoy other people

Loads of people had cameras around me anyway. By the way, people that spend a concert with their phone held over their head recording it have a new level of disdain from me, ffs, watch the show, if you want to relive it afterwards buy a DVD or album, don't decide to put your phone/camera up in the air to annoy other people

Ok steady on just want to take a few pics if I can! ;-) thanks! I will be watching the show!

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. At least there wasn't anyone with an iPad using it as a camera, now that really does grind my gears

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. At least there wasn't anyone with an iPad using it as a camera, now that really does grind my gears

Ah I know ;-) no probs, I understand what you mean, what's the point in going and then spending the whole time looking at it through your iPhone/camera?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman76

People with kids on their shoulders can get kind of annoying too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

A bloke 3 seats up from me watched the whole thing through his video camera. :-(
    Prob responsible for the youtube vids previously mentioned.

Advertisement