Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

leahyl wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get a compact camera in with then on Tuesday night? I was gonna chance it cos I don't think my iPhone is good enough really unless I'm right near the stage

the only thing they'll take off you are the corks on bottles, and they do a bag check. Didnt see anyone get cameras taken off them, everyone had cameras around me...enjoy the show:) tonight depressed lm not going :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I still haven't made a video of anything at gigs. It's the one time I'll just watch and listen. I made one video once at a Bon Iver gig, and though "what the f*ck am I doing". If I want to watch a gig through a phone, I'll go to youtube! :)

I now prefer to turn off the phone during gigs, and just listen, watch and soak it up.

But I do enjoy some uploaded videos, you get a feel of what it could have been like. I just couldn't be arsed doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

seachto7 wrote: »
    I still haven't made a video of anything at gigs. It's the one time I'll just watch and listen. I made one video once at a Bon Iver gig, and though "what the f*ck am I doing". If I want to watch a gig through a phone, I'll go to youtube! :)

I now prefer to turn off the phone during gigs, and just listen, watch and soak it up.

But I do enjoy some uploaded videos, you get a feel of what it could have been like. I just couldn't be arsed doing it!

MMmm I do like a 1 minute (max) HD video momento of ... the modern version of keeping the ticket stub as a memento that you went.

Is that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

aw feck...is there a good bit about the concert in it? might order a copy if l can

No Kerry photos in Weekend edition either. There was just the front page and 2 & 3 in Wednesday's edition....if you want me to post you a copy pm me your address and I'll bang one in the post, I bought 2 copies so you can have the one I read no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    No Kerry photos in Weekend edition either. There was just the front page and 2 & 3 in Wednesday's edition....if you want me to post you a copy pm me your address and I'll bang one in the post, I bought 2 copies so you can have the one I read no prob

aw thanks...l rang the limerick leader, their meant to ring me some time today but if they don't il let you know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I love taking video footage...I spent alot of time yesterday watching it back and looking at other people's videos on youtube/facebook :)

keith_d99 wrote: »
    MMmm I do like a 1 minute (max) HD video momento of ... the modern version of keeping the ticket stub as a memento that you went.

Is that bad?

Not really. I just couldn't be bothered. I don't want to spend time concentrating on the phone, as opposed to the gig and the more importantly, the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. At least there wasn't anyone with an iPad using it as a camera, now that really does grind my gears

Yep there was near me. I was with DH in the wheelchair area and saw a man using is Ipad to record Bruce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wilbert13 wrote: »

love how since he did the pre-show acoustic set at Thomond it's now become 'Traditional'.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

bennyl10 wrote: »
    love how since he did the pre-show acoustic set at Thomond it's now become 'Traditional'.. :P
    But it is traditional, he quite often does it. Limerick was far from the first time...

testicle wrote: »
    But it is traditional, he quite often does it. Limerick was far from the first time...

I know that, but he hadn't done it in a good few shows, and hadn't done it in Ireland since at least the magic tour, if even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman76

sleepyman wrote: »
    Great to see such a legend play in Thomond.They should have 2 or 3 of these kind of gigs if possible-maybe try & get the Stones or Pink Floyd, Coldplay etc.They also need to build an indoor venue of around 8-10,000.Should try & build it near where the new square will be going up
    Pink Floyd? not even Pink Floyd can get Pink Floyd! Coldplay maybe!

Whoever mentioned we should have an 8 - 10,000 indoor venue in Limerick?
    How many other gigs do you go to in Limerick. I'm talking original music.
    It's hard enough as it is to get people out to see original bands in Bourkes, Cobblestones, not to mind trying to fill the milk market or the warehouse.
    People don't go to gigs in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

superman76 wrote: »
    Pink Floyd? not even Pink Floyd can get Pink Floyd! Coldplay mabi!

Pigs will fly before that happens :pac:

Reported in this weeks Limerick Post another major act is lined up for Thomond in Seprember. Just waiting for fixtures to be annpunced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Went to Springsteen in Thomond on Tuesday, absolutely brilliant concert, Limerick is also a great city with nice friendly people, will definitely call back soon, had a few great nights in The Glen tavern, The Whitehouse and jerry Flannerys, only down side I could find was the dog sh1t, its a disgrace in a city centre, but in fairness Dublin and some of the other main towns have the same problem.
    We were there for 3 nights 4 days I never set eyes on a litter warden, it looks like a good bit of work going on down the quay, all in all a nice few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Reported in this weeks Limerick Post another major act is lined up for Thomond in Seprember. Just waiting for fixtures to be annpunced.

It's Garth Brooks I'm reliability informed...
    Wouldn't be my choice but I'm sure it will sell out

seachto7 wrote: »
    Whoever mentioned we should have an 8 - 10,000 indoor venue in Limerick?
    How many other gigs do you go to in Limerick. I'm talking original music.
    It's hard enough as it is to get people out to see original bands in Bourkes, Cobblestones, not to mind trying to fill the milk market or the warehouse.
    People don't go to gigs in Limerick.

What nonsense..of course Limerick people go to gigs!
    I travel regularly to Dublin to gigs as do at least 20 or more of my friends....by regularly I mean at least once a month.
    We travel because if we didn't you won't get to see these acts because there is no Olympia.or O2.
    Limerick DOES need a venue with a capacity of 4500.
    I've been to Cobblestones Joes and Dolans enough times when they are full and empty depending on the quality of the acts and I'd say the same for the Olympia or the Ambassador or the Button Factory in Dublin

I've heard that there is a planning submission being prepared for 6 concerts a year between May and September every year up to 2016 in Thomond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

moby2101 wrote: »
    It's Garth Brooks I'm reliability informed...
    Wouldn't be my choice but I'm sure it will sell out
    He's currently contracted to the Encore Las Vegas for 5 years, ending in 2014.

Excellent! :)

macadam wrote: »
    Went to Springsteen in Thomond on Tuesday, absolutely brilliant concert, Limerick is also a great city with nice friendly people, will definitely call back soon, had a few great nights in The Glen tavern, The Whitehouse and jerry Flannerys, only down side I could find was the dog sh1t, its a disgrace in a city centre, but in fairness Dublin and some of the other main towns have the same problem.
    We were there for 3 nights 4 days I never set eyes on a litter warden, it looks like a good bit of work going on down the quay, all in all a nice few days.

Feel free to tell all your friends this :D limerick needs all the good publicity ut can get :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Feel free to tell all your friends this :D limerick needs all the good publicity ut can get :)

I did already and will continue to do so, people were brilliant especially the crew in the Glen Tavern, some lovely restaurants and coffee shops also, had a great time, Thanks Limerick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I spent some time in the Glen Tavern too. Great food, great craft beer and lovely staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I was also in Thomand Park - Great show (Probably the best of the three) - Limerick city and people also very nice and welcoming. See ye next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Zardoz

yew_tree wrote: »
    I was also in Thomand Park - Great show (Probably the best of the three) - Limerick city and people also very nice and welcoming. See ye next time.

I enjoyed the Limerick gig the most I must say primarily due to the setlist which was by far the best of the 3.
    Bruce seemed to talk a bit more at it and My Hometown and 41 Shots were highlights for me,the seated crowd interacted better there too.

Advertisement