Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Bar - Harcourt Street

Options
  • 16-11-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I see work going on at the Odeon.

Does anybody know if it is to reopen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Grand opening Thursday the 22nd of Nov apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is it Odean or the whole complex opening on the 22nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Didnt know it was closed, when did the Odeon close ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

listermint wrote: »

February, the whole complex closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Odeon as in the cinema ? Or the place Tripod was ? If not when is that back open..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

msg11 wrote: »
    Odeon as in the cinema ? Or the place Tripod was ? If not when is that back open..

Odeon as in beside where tripod was

MarkMc wrote: »
    Odeon as in beside where tripod was

Oh right, that's what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

The odeon is the large bar opposite Harcourt LUAS station. It reopens on 22nd as mentioned.

The POD complex is completley seperate. it too is due open as a large Vegas style nightclub, but I would think not until next year.

There is a new nighclub opening further down Harcourt Street though, next month. It will form part of a new hotel.

All good news for Harcourt st and jobs :D

The new Odeon opens tomorrow night from 6 if anyone gets thirsty!!

Looks good on the website!

Also, a new nightclub on Harcourt street is to open on 7th of Dec. Just down from Coppers!

Its called the Everleigh garden and will have a hotel built over it in the new year.

The old POD complex is being turned into a mega club also, hopefully for the new year too.

All good stuff for Harcourt street and Dublin and jobs!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

liffeylite wrote: »
    Looks good on the website!

What exactly looks good? There's no information on it, just a contact form.

Judging by your other posts I'd assume you are in somewhy linked to the pub industry?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm heading to the opening tonight for a work thing. No idea what to expect but I'll let you know. Have seen nothing else online.
    I heard the guy who own Flannerys bought tripod and the Odeon. Is it them opening it and is there supposedly anything different about it?

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm heading to the opening tonight for a work thing. No idea what to expect but I'll let you know. Have seen nothing else online.
    I heard the guy who own Flannerys bought tripod and the Odeon. Is it them opening it and is there supposedly anything different about it?

AFAIK Flannerys didn't buy the odeon, just the tripod complex. Don't think theres much new about the odeon, however tripod etc will be completely overhauled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

listermint wrote: »

new years eve 1958;)

What exactly looks good? There's no information on it, just a contact form.

Judging by your other posts I'd assume you are in somewhy linked to the pub industry?
    No not linked at all. Just a social butterfly so its nice to see new places opening.

There are pics on facebook page. They dont give much away in terms of what the music policy is like etc but it looks like they have invested in it. Place looks well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

I worked in it years ago hence my interest and why I started the thread.

There was a good crew of people working there and it was bleedin' bananas. Shi* work but great craic.

This was around the time when there were was always a que to get in on Saturday nights and it was the place to be.
    Stayed back boozin all the time and invariably ended up in an early house at the weekend.

Great days :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Anyone know if the pod will also reopen ?

Jumboman wrote: »
    Anyone know if the pod will also reopen ?

It will, the whole of that complex is being merged and turned into a 'super-club'

It will, the whole of that complex is being merged and turned into a 'super-club'

This is true. Its called the marquee club.

But before the POD reopens, there is a completley new venue opening next door to coppers on harcourt st. It opens in 2 weeks, the everleigh gardens.

Gonna be some big taxi lines in harcourt st :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if there are any new clubs or hotels opening on Harcourt Street soon, apart from the POD/Odeon complex? Near Coppers, maybe?

BeerNut wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if there are any new clubs or hotels opening on Harcourt Street soon, apart from the POD/Odeon complex? Near Coppers, maybe?

Club opening in december next door to Coppers with a hotel to be added next year. Liffeylite posted about it above, its called Everleigh Gardens.

• Advertisement

liffeylite wrote: »
    This is true. Its called the marquee club.

But before the POD reopens, there is a completley new venue opening next door to coppers on harcourt st. It opens in 2 weeks, the everleigh gardens.

Gonna be some big taxi lines in harcourt st :-)
    BeerNut wrote: »

:confused:

Copper face jacks is a kip I cant believe it does such good business.

Jumboman wrote: »
    Copper face jacks is a kip I cant believe it does such good business.

It opens late, and you're guaranteed the shift, whats not to love :D:pac:

It opens late, and you're guaranteed the shift, whats not to love :D:pac:

The place is smelly.

tbh, my memories of the last 5 or 6 times I was in there are a bit fuzzy, so you could be right. But then again, I drink regularly in Fibbers, so I may well be immune.

Anyway we're going off topic, enough of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I went to Odeon last night, first time I'd been in since it reopened. It looks very nice but the staff were slow and untrained and had no clue about any of the food on the menu. (The waitress didn't know if any of the dishes came with sides, or what sides were available, or how long the food would take etc etc - it was ridiculous. It also took her 15 mins to bring me a drink even though there were only about 4 tables of people in the whole place).

Drinks were also really overpriced, €5 for the scabbiest tiniest glass of wine or €6 for a pint of Bulmers. Some of the locks in the ladies toilets were broken and overall I was not impressed. Music was loud and thoroughly awful.

AVOID! I will definitely not go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I went to Odeon last night, first time I'd been in since it reopened. It looks very nice but the staff were slow and untrained and had no clue about any of the food on the menu. (The waitress didn't know if any of the dishes came with sides, or what sides were available, or how long the food would take etc etc - it was ridiculous. It also took her 15 mins to bring me a drink even though there were only about 4 tables of people in the whole place).

Drinks were also really overpriced, €5 for the scabbiest tiniest glass of wine or €6 for a pint of Bulmers. Some of the locks in the ladies toilets were broken and overall I was not impressed. Music was loud and thoroughly awful.

AVOID! I will definitely not go back.

I would agree with this. Went on a Saturday night and of the 3 people behind the smaller bar only one guy knew what he was doing, the others looked like it was their first night or something? All drinks overpriced but that seems to be norm with a lot of late bars that don't charge in. I kind of liked the decor. Crowd seemed to be full of complete wan*ers. Just one example was some guy beside me at the bar giving out loads to the bar man for pouring a slimline tonic into a G&T instead of a normal one. Couldnt believe it, the bar man even gave the guy double measures to make up for it but the guy was still giving it loads??

Drinks were also really overpriced, €5 for the scabbiest tiniest glass of wine or €6 for a pint of Bulmers.

I dont know of any high profile bars in the city centre that don't rip people off.

Their suppose to have spent about a million doing the place up so I wouldnt expect it to be cheap.

http://www.herald.ie/news/odeon-bar-back-on-tap-after-1m-refit-3302477.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I've mixed feelings.... Was there last Saturday. Thought the DJ was great, the tunes were good and decor much improved. Bar staff were horrifically incompetent in one bar, then went to another and got one of the worst prepared pints of my life (half filled and mostly head).

• Advertisement
Advertisement