Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating Understairs

• 16-11-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi

Bit of help please. We have a toilet under the stair's but the place is FREEZING !! We have a small door which leads further under the stairs which we use for storage ( see pix). Im going to fill between the battons with insulation, but do I need to put anything over it ? im thinking some sort of felt ? I wont be using plaster boards as I wont be able to cut it ( im not handy :o ) ?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hi

Bit of help please. We have a toilet under the stair's but the place is FREEZING !! We have a small door which leads further under the stairs which we use for storage ( see pix). Im going to fill between the battons with insulation, but do I need to put anything over it ? im thinking some sort of felt ? I wont be using plaster boards as I wont be able to cut it ( im not handy :o ) ?

Thanks

Cutting plasterboard to shape and size is very easy indeed.

Measure up and draw your line/measurements on the plasterboard.

Then with a sharp stanley knife,drag the knife along the line so that you create a cut/score along the line.

Then break/snap the back of the plasterboard with your hand,and thats how you cut plasterboard to size and shape.

Very simple indeed.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

sheet of pvc plastic will do the job, seal the edges and joints.

But if your throwing the mop and brush in there regularly, it wont cut it..:rolleyes:

what insulation are you using?

Advertisement