Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of an upgrade

Options
  • 16-11-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Ok so a good mate of mine has one of these

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&dlc=en&docname=c01636884&lc=en#N322

it's going to be for a HTPC.. want to just add a GPU to it as the integrated graphics prob won't play HD video also it only has VGA.

The CPU doesn't seem too bad and should be able to handle browsing and HD movies

just looking for a low profile GPU for as cheap as possible that will play HD video well

its got a 180w PSU also but not sure of make or connectors for GPU on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if you can fit a HD6450 in there you're sorted. make sure its one that comes with a low profile adapter, and passive.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if you can fit a HD6450 in there you're sorted. make sure its one that comes with a low profile adapter, and passive.

Cheers I'm gonna be getting my hands on it in the next few days and seeing how im getting on space wise..it is.. Cheers seems perfect of it'll fit

Advertisement