Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer 24in 2ms LED 1080p monitor/Slim model - £135.43/~€167 - Down from €205

Options
  • 16-11-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

One of the nicest, thinest monitors I've seen for PC. Its got a strange L shaped stand too.

It's also LED backlit so lower power sapage and much more even lighting.

Price just dropped a good bit on Amazon here

Price inc Irish VAT at check-out is £138.82/~€172

Comments

LCD panels get better every year so I would go with a reasonably recent one. This is a TN panel dating from 2010, and one which didn't even get good reviews at the time.

So while the physical casing etc certainly looks nice for the price, if you want a good monitor I would pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

LCD panels get better every year so I would go with a reasonably recent one. This is a TN panel dating from 2010, and one which didn't even get good reviews at the time.

So while the physical casing etc certainly looks nice for the price, if you want a good monitor I would pass.

Can you give us an example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

These any good for consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

BostonB wrote: »
    These any good for consoles?

Yep they have HDMI which most colsoles use and built in speakers so you'll get basic stereo sound out.

Personally for sound I prefer optical out into a sound system (and a 50" tv ;) ), but for gaming display this is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I was thinking for a kids playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

2 amazon links posted in this thread and both with kickbacks in the url. can a mod edit them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

breathn wrote: »
    2 amazon links posted in this thread and both with kickbacks in the url. can a mod edit them out?

kickbacks? the "ref=" bit? that ref appears even if its not a referral link (tested by opening a clean page and searching for the part number). I'm not great at Amazon URL structure so please let me know if I'm looking at the wrong part.

as for the second monitor linked, difference between the two is first monitor is 2ms response and the second monitor is 5ms.

Advertisement