Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich V Man Utd 17.30 17th Nov 2012 ESPN

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At least Giggs can take a corner! He did better on the wing than both Valencia and Young today. Both of them could learn a lot from Giggs, if nothing else, in Young's case, how to take a corner.

Giggs can take a corner? Weird, I could have sworn he just blasts it off the first or second opposition man every time :P

Agreed both Valencia and Young had bad games too. The problem there, imo, is that when a team are defending with 10 men in the box, then whip-ins from the wings are never going to be effective. Without Rooney or someone in midfield to take some long shots, we were relying on an attack that was always going to struggle against that sort of defence :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

sawfish wrote: »
    Lucas moura might have made the difference in this game haha. Get wesley sneijder.
    WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ashley Young is not good enough for a top four side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The average IQ has gone majorly down in this thread.

Suppose after all the disappointments this season with the comebacks the ABUs have to have their day in the sun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ashley Young is not good enough for a top four side.

Very limited

hell pop up with the odd goal but hes not consistant or clever enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Why couldn't this have happened last week? Villa my last team in a treble for €239 and they fcuking lose a 2-0 lead. FFS. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Why couldn't this have happened last week? Villa my last team in a treble for €239 and they fcuking lose a 2-0 lead. FFS. :(
    Why couldn't you have bet on Norwich this week? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd a 15 spin accumulator today

Was 14/15 until that last game, so that loss, made me miss out on 19k...

Which makes it unbearable if I'm honest, wouldnt have been so bad if I was 14/15.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

yabadabado wrote: »
    WTF?

WTF?

United should have bought lucas moura in the summer when they wanted to..

They should buy wesley sneijder...

THAT IS WTF yabadabado

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

Suppose after all the disappointments this season with the comebacks the ABUs have to have their day in the sun...
    Was bound to happen sometime. The other 11 times were sweet though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Giggs can take a corner? Weird, I could have sworn he just blasts it off the first or second opposition man every time :P

Agreed both Valencia and Young had bad games too. The problem there, imo, is that when a team are defending with 10 men in the box, then whip-ins from the wings are never going to be effective. Without Rooney or someone in midfield to take some long shots, we were relying on an attack that was always going to struggle against that sort of defence :/

Just based on the corner Ashley took and didn't beat the first defender, at least Giggs's corner arrived into the six yard box; mostly up to the attacker to be on the end of it.

Ashley Young should be made to train double this week for that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what we've just seen is why Rooney is still Utd's best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ferguson clearly under-estimated the Norwich team and didn't select a strong enough team. Bad mistake as any EPL team can beat any other on their day.

SlickRic wrote: »
    what we've just seen is why Rooney is still Utd's best player
    Think if Ando or Cleverley started it would have been a lot different.
    Of course we missed Rooney but weakening the midfield compounded the problem of his absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Ferguson clearly under-estimated the Norwich team and didn't select a strong enough team. Bad mistake as any EPL team can beat any other on their day.

I agree that either Cleverley or Ando should have started over Giggs. I guess Giggs got the nod because of the winner last year. Still, the inclusion of Young and Valencia should have been enough had either of them put the effort in.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I was joking. Relax. The smilies thought might give it away.

:)

At least that hypocrite thanked your post Kew, that was nice to see anyway.

Don't think anyone replied to my genuine question, so I'll just assume Tettey had another terrific game in the middle of the park. No surprise that. Could be and should be playing for a much bigger club next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Very few if any WUM posts, alls I see is united fans slating team and Fergie that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Spineless and gutless performance. Not one single player can say they played anywhere decent.

Fair play to Norwich though, many people said they were doomed after the Liverpool game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A terrible two hours.

2nd on goal difference. sound familiar?

Lucas moura might have made the difference in this game haha. Get wesley sneijder.

I could have swore Man City have 28 points and United 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

true Cambo...but Rooney is still your tempo setter more than anyone else in that team.

Giggs was a massive, massive problem though...same as most games he starts iv now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Don't think anyone replied to my genuine question, so I'll just assume Tettey had another terrific game in the middle of the park. No surprise that. Could be and should be playing for a much bigger club next season.

Yeah he spent a good amount of time on the ball.

He'll give away penalties yet for pulling and dragging in the box for corners though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's bollox man, most of the abuse utd have got since the went behind is off your own fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Other than some posts calling for Moura etc, I think the majority of complaints are reasonable.

Giggs starting is inexplicable. The last time he started a PL game we were over-run (Tottenham). With Anderson and Cleverley on the bench I think it is very reasonable to question Fergie on this fact.

I think people criticising Young and Valencia is merited too. Young has been fairly disappointing in the 2012 calendar year, and has been poor this season. Valencia has been very poor in the past 3 games.

Ferguson shouldn't be immune from criticism, especially on days such as today when he more than deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

We need Kagawa back asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

WTF?

United should have bought lucas moura in the summer when they wanted to..

They should buy wesley sneijder...

THAT IS WTF yabadabado

United should have spent €45 million on a unknown kid,much better ways to spent that type of cash.

Where would you play sneijder? Drop Rooney or Kagawa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lovely, cheers Norwich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It was not long ago people were saying that Norwich were a banker to go down.

Hughton has done super job to turn things around.

Underrated manager imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Man United fans, try to forget today's defeat by booking a week away in the Canaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anderson and Cleverely must really be wondering what's going on. I mean Giggs starting I'm sure has been discussed to death(haven't read the thread).

To compound it, when Fergie belatedly did decide to make a change Giggs inexplicably stays on and Scholes comes on. :eek:

It's depressing but not surprising anymore. I've given up all hope of Fergie seeing the issue with the midfield.

Also I disagree with Rooney being the tempo setter in the team, at least not on his own. Even when he's in the team, if Scholes or Giggs are along side Carrick the tempo is slower and the defence is left exposed as the midfield is overrun by sheer pace. Utd look a different team when they don't have Giggs or Scholes in the centre.

Nothing's changing soon though. We are with it again until at least the end of the season, unless one of them call it a day mid season. The funny thing is, Utd will still more than likely in the final shake up at the end of the season. It's just that you look back at days like these and realise what massive and costly defeats they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

haha!

Ah sure its all part of banter. No problem with you or Liverpool lads coming in.

Its all part of the fun.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Fergies infatuation with Giggs is gone far beyond a joke

Truer now then when I posted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

yabadabado wrote: »
    United should have spent €45 million on a unknown kid,much better ways to spent that type of cash.

Where would you play sneijder? Drop Rooney or Kagawa?

Ah I see your point. Just a rant after a disappointing loss.

Lucas Moura looked great..special player..at least in that youtube video I saw!

Kawaga is a good player we need him back..

Sneijder is quality but he was overpriced when we were interested. Maybe one to look out for in the future. Hes only 28..Paul Scholes 38 and still picking unbelievable passes out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah I see your point. Just a rant after a disappointing loss.

Lucas Moura looked great..special player..at least in that youtube video I saw!

Kawaga is a good player we need him back..

Sneijder is quality but he was overpriced when we were interested. Maybe one to look out for in the future. Hes only 28..Paul Scholes 38 and still picking unbelievable passes out!

Your trolling is pretty bad, but your comedy makes up for it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ahhh such a sweet feeling to see people expect an easy game and underestimate us. Hughton out? Norwich to go down? Don't think so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

**** Manchester United. There was not 1 Irish players playing for them.

We should be eulogising the performances of Pilkington & Hoolahan.

3 Caps between them.

Advertisement