Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged on bill

Options
  • 16-11-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got a phone with emobile. I signed up for the special offer of €35.78 for the select 300 instead of the normal €44, I sent off the supporting documents immediately. I rang a couple of days later to be told the phone was actually out of stock, they said if I cancel the order and they have stock in a shop I would be able to get it there. I done this and went to the shop in Tallaght, I found out when here that the offer was only available online and if I took the phone in store I would have to pay the full €44 per month.

The next day I rang back emobile and got them to reinstate my order as I thought it was a pretty good offer. I confirmed with the agent on the phone that I would be getting the same price plan as the offer would end before the phone arrived, he did confirm this. I waited the week or so they said it would take to get the phone. It arrived pretty much on time.

My first bill was issued and I was charged at the €44 rate, I spoke to an agent on the chat feature. She said if I paid it they could refund me. I explained that I would not do this as it sets a precedent and if they take the incorrect amount I would reverse the direct debit. She says to get back in touch today and that there is time to amend the bill before it is taken. Today the agent on chat says there has been no reply to the email.

Can someone here please help me with this, I would like to get it sorted out asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Ok so spoke to sales today and they are maintaining that the form I signed with the courier was the contract and it would have stated the higher price plan on it. Is this really fair and legal, to tell someone on the phone that they are being offered one price and then the contract comes with the courier saying something else. Most people just sign the delivery docket and thats it.

I am 100% certain that I confirmed with the sales rep that I would be getting the same offer that I had online (I have the original email from the online order stating €35.78).

What would people advise, should I make a freedom of information request to get the recordings from the sales phonecalls? Should I make a complaint to comreg.

If they take the direcct debit, would I be within my rights to rerverse it as it is as far as I'm concerned an incorrect amount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Ok so spoke to sales today and they are maintaining that the form I signed with the courier was the contract and it would have stated the higher price plan on it. Is this really fair and legal, to tell someone on the phone that they are being offered one price and then the contract comes with the courier saying something else. Most people just sign the delivery docket and thats it.

I am 100% certain that I confirmed with the sales rep that I would be getting the same offer that I had online (I have the original email from the online order stating €35.78).

What would people advise, should I make a freedom of information request to get the recordings from the sales phonecalls? Should I make a complaint to comreg.

If they take the direcct debit, would I be within my rights to rerverse it as it is as far as I'm concerned an incorrect amount?

Hi gonzo,

can you confirm the shop you signed up in and the name of the agent if possible. Can you also PM me with your tel no or account number please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi gonzo,

can you confirm the shop you signed up in and the name of the agent if possible. Can you also PM me with your tel no or account number please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I originally ordered online as the phone said in stock. It turned out to be out of stock for another week (although the website continued to say in stock for the duration). I found this out a couple of days later when I called for an update. I was advised that I could get the same offer if I cancelled my online order and went to the shop. I went to the shop in the square in Tallaght, but it turned out this offer was not available in store. The next day I spoke to Dylan in sales over the phone to reinstate my original order. He said he may have to process it as a new order as it was already cancelled. He confirmed I would get the same offer as the original order.

I will PM you my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

I originally ordered online as the phone said in stock. It turned out to be out of stock for another week (although the website continued to say in stock for the duration). I found this out a couple of days later when I called for an update. I was advised that I could get the same offer if I cancelled my online order and went to the shop. I went to the shop in the square in Tallaght, but it turned out this offer was not available in store. The next day I spoke to Dylan in sales over the phone to reinstate my original order. He said he may have to process it as a new order as it was already cancelled. He confirmed I would get the same offer as the original order.

I will PM you my details.

Hi gonzo.phd,

Apologies, I see you were dealing with Tony and Grainne via PMs on broards. They will look into it and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Grainne,

As discussed by PM I have forwarded the original order confirmation email. In relation to the freedom of information request for the call recordings, how should the fee be paid, is a postal order ok?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Grainne,

As discussed by PM I have forwarded the original order confirmation email. In relation to the freedom of information request for the call recordings, how should the fee be paid, is a postal order ok?

Hi gonzo.phd,

yes I have received your email now. In regard to the request for the call recording I will get this clarified and will advise you shortly.

Gráinne

This issue was sorted out today on the phone to customer care. It took a while but the outcome was good and I'd just like to say that the people I was dealing with were all very courteous and friendly while dealing with what probably was a stubborn customer (ie me) with an out of the ordinary problem. It made a nice change having recently spent some time with three. Also the service in relation to 3g and coverage so far has been excellent.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

This issue was sorted out today on the phone to customer care. It took a while but the outcome was good and I'd just like to say that the people I was dealing with were all very courteous and friendly while dealing with what probably was a stubborn customer (ie me) with an out of the ordinary problem. It made a nice change having recently spent some time with three. Also the service in relation to 3g and coverage so far has been excellent.

Hi gonzo.phd,

Glad to hear your issue is now resolved. We are always happy to receive positive feedback from our customers.

I will get this passed onto the agents manager.

Gráinne

Advertisement