Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ

Options
  • 16-11-2012 4:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The existence of this forum and the fact that it still operates just like it did when I was moderator is depressing.

Spear, was there anything done to direct people away from here ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, not yet. Last I heard the welcome email hadn't been reworded or clarified. I think the overall rate has dropped somewhat, certainly the spambots have due to the refined sign up system.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spear wrote: »
    No, not yet. Last I heard the welcome email hadn't been reworded or clarified.

Well I suppose that it has only been about 2 years since it was brought up :p

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi guys,
    I am going to look at this next week and see what we can do to improve the email and reduce the amount of questions that come after people sign up. Was there a discussion about this before that I should check out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement