Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1986 Mercedes W124 250D Stolen From Tallaght

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jesus.... that's sickening. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

Dord wrote: »
    Jesus.... that's sickening. :(

+1, terrible thing to see. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Was it found on a premises, or dumped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

It was found in Naas with the help of Mark on here and someone else on Autostadt. Totally stripped as you can see by someone who knows how to strip a W124 ....

w124man wrote: »
    It was found in Naas with the help of Mark on here and someone else on Autostadt. Totally stripped as you can see by someone who knows how to strip a W124 ....

Sorry, what I meant was, was it found in somebody's possession, or dumped?

Did they catch anybody for the theft?

Sorry, what I meant was, was it found in somebody's possession, or dumped?

Did they catch anybody for the theft?

Dumped as far as I know. I dont know about the culprits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

W124 250D can be bought quite cheaply why would someone go to the bother of stealing and stripping one ? Is there a big market for the spares? They can be bought for in around 1k so are they worth more than that broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭junkyarddog

bbsrs wrote: »
    W124 250D can be bought quite cheaply why would someone go to the bother of stealing and stripping one ? Is there a big market for the spares? They can be bought for in around 1k so are they worth more than that broken?

She was probably stolen and stipped to order,
    lots of these cars out in africa in daily use,so there is still a heathly demand for parts there.
    The running gear from this lady is probably being loaded in a container as we speak.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Closer to EU, Albania has a lot of W124's. Wonder why they didn't take the roof / rear quarter panels /seats - everything is worth bobs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ahh man, I'm gutted for you. Thats just as bad as torching someones car in my book, if not worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Sad end to an obviously cherished W124 - is the coupe as vulnerable to theft like that - my guess is not but sometimes I worry will it be there when I come back after parking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

this **** makes me sick, gutted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

Well those people are scum

Is there any chance you could rebuild from the shell?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

has your insurance company paid out? whats to stop you and a few larger mates tracking down the tow truck (in a previous post its know to hang around a certain part of the city) and confronting the driver, hold him upside down and shake out his lunch money:). bound to have a roll of cash on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sadly that is the only way justice will be served

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭3GAINSBOROUGH

Sadly that is the only way justice will be served

Justice should be served in the right and proper way by the Gardai and Judges.
    I would not advocate taking the law into ones own hands.
    Report the crime, and let the Garda do their job.
    There is enough evidence there to gain a lawful conviction.
    My sympathy goes to the victim of this crime. Its a horrible thing to have a classic car stolen from you, then to discover it stripped for parts is like insult to injury.
    One can only hope that the criminals are caught and duly punished. If only to stop them committing further crimes of this nature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭3GAINSBOROUGH

Sad end to an obviously cherished W124 - is the coupe as vulnerable to theft like that - my guess is not but sometimes I worry will it be there when I come back after parking it.

Apparently the CE's are not as desired by theives as the 250D and 300D's.
    The export market for Diesel parts is strong in common destinations such as Africa and Israel where parts are not manufactured for these models.
    The profit margin on a 20 foot ships container of used car parts (engines/gearboxes/panels) to Israel is 30-40% allowing for import tax. That is if the parts are purchased legitimately from Salvage dealers. So you can see if the parts are stolen to order then the profit margin increases exponentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

5474BI002.png

After my one week ban after mentioning something that I could not mention without proof, when if I was questioned on it I would uncategorically swear on it because I know for a fact, that what I mentoned is true without a doubt.
    I can now repost in this thread.

Any how, I am sickened to see your car in such a sorry state and can only say these people have no morals what so ever.

I actually seen the truck again today 26/11 in the area I said in my previous post, and even took a note of the reg, if that is something that you did not manage to get off the CCTV... PM Me and I will send it to you.

Again, Im sick to see the savagery the have done to your car,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

5474BI002.png

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just in case there is some misunderstanding this is/was not my car. This story is posted on more forums than this one. I did try to buy the remains but was too late. The chances of getting another 250D rust free shell will be a long time coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Heres one for €575,should be good for parts for who ever has you're friends one now.

View2-15993471.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4252926

Shell was crushed ..... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was there any follow up to the other Merc spotted on the same recovery truck in Naas? Was that stolen too?

Advertisement