Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Camcorder for Sports games

• 16-11-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a Video camera for recording sports games. I will want a video camera that can record a full 60/70 game without having to change batteries.

It will need to be as good quality as possible without costing me an arm or leg.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a Video camera for recording sports games. I will want a video camera that can record a full 60/70 game without having to change batteries.

It will need to be as good quality as possible without costing me an arm or leg.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi dobbs,
    I used to do a lot of rugby match for my club and the first point I would make, is if you pause the camera when ball is out of play, you should have no trouble with batteries.
    The other thing I found, is that the modern small Digital Camera are too small to follow most fast moving games. I used to use something like
    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/digital-camcorder/canon-mv-650i/".

A bit of a dinosaur now, but 50/55 minutes of take fitted nicely on a DVD.
    Dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Advertisement