Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a PC for Gaming, editing and design

Options
  • 16-11-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I know for the design part we're going to get a lot of Mac fanboys telling me I can't design on a Windows PC but I've been doing it for long enough and it's been fine, and for the gaming and editing part, I run one of Ireland's biggest Minecraft channels on YouTube and my PC now just isn't reliable enough. My budget is fairly low, €550 but I've got this together from Hardwareversand and it doesn't exactly break the bank!

RAM: 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 €35
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+ €170
    Data Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s €67
    GPU: MSI N650Ti PowerEdition 1GD5/OC, 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express €145
    CD Drive: Samsung SH-118AB schwarz €13
    Case/PSU: HKC Case 4672GD, mATX, 420Watt €36
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2, AMD 760G, mATX €40
    Network card: LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R €15
    I have all the peripherals I need, keyboard, mouse, monitor, mat, etc...

This all adds up to €527.53 but I need to know if there's anything I should change before I order it. Also I need to know how long shipping from Hardwareversand takes!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You could always try and make it a Hackintosh while you're at it, so you get the best of both worlds. That's my plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

If I had that sort of budget, and with those requirements, I'd get this:

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€126.68
    ASRock 970 Pro3, AM3+, ATX|€65.09
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€20.24
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Basic|€59.99
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€54.15
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€32.10
    2 x 8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€55.14
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.35
    ASUS EAH7770-DC-1GD5 V2, AMD Radeon HD 7770, 1GB, PCI-Express|€115.28
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€590.01

A teeny bit over budget, but It's worth it.

CPU is built on the newer FX architecture (as opposed to the dated bullozer 8150), twice as much RAM (YT videos can take a bit to render?), a much better PSU and case, but most importantly I squeezed in an SSD.

An SSD (If you don't know) is like an extremely fast hard drive. Bootup time will be ridiculously low, think seconds! Software, games, browsers all open up instantly and makes for a very snappy system. You are of course sacrificing some HDD space, but IMHO it's worth it. The GPU is a bit weaker, but it won't change the gameplay much (If it all). Blops 2 will still run fine :D.

Case, motherboard etc. are all standard but high quality parts. If you have any more questions, let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheeRelentless

Eboggles wrote: »
    If I had that sort of budget, and with those requirements, I'd get this:

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€126.68
    ASRock 970 Pro3, AM3+, ATX|€65.09
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€20.24
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Basic|€59.99
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€54.15
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€32.10
    2 x 8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€55.14
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.35
    ASUS EAH7770-DC-1GD5 V2, AMD Radeon HD 7770, 1GB, PCI-Express|€115.28
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€590.01

A teeny bit over budget, but It's worth it.

CPU is built on the newer FX architecture (as opposed to the dated bullozer 8150), twice as much RAM (YT videos can take a bit to render?), a much better PSU and case, but most importantly I squeezed in an SSD.

An SSD (If you don't know) is like an extremely fast hard drive. Bootup time will be ridiculously low, think seconds! Software, games, browsers all open up instantly and makes for a very snappy system. You are of course sacrificing some HDD space, but IMHO it's worth it. The GPU is a bit weaker, but it won't change the gameplay much (If it all). Blops 2 will still run fine :D.

Case, motherboard etc. are all standard but high quality parts. If you have any more questions, let me know! :)

Thanks! If I can get the extra cash from somewhere this is the rig I will probably go for! Unless someone comes up with something roughly the same in budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I cant recommend that Case/psu combo.

Cheaping out on the psu can put the rest of your rig at risk and cost you in the long run

NTMK wrote: »
    I cant recommend that Case/psu combo.

Cheaping out on the psu can put the rest of your rig at risk and cost you in the long run

Thanks for that! But I've pulled out some extra cash and am going to go for the rig the previous reply recommended!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! But I've pulled out some extra cash and am going to go for the rig the previous reply recommended!

Great :D. You ok with building it yourself? If you get stuck, just come back here and we'll sort you out.

Great :D. You ok with building it yourself? If you get stuck, just come back here and we'll sort you out.

I just found a 640W PSU in an old PC I had lying about, a little overkill but I should still be able to save myself 40 quid there! I should be fine. Should being the most important word, But I will definitely be coming back if I need help

I just found a 640W PSU in an old PC I had lying about, a little overkill but I should still be able to save myself 40 quid there! I should be fine. Should being the most important word, But I will definitely be coming back if I need help

What's the name of it? The wattage doesn't indicate quality, so I'd be a bit wary.

What's the name of it? The wattage doesn't indicate quality, so I'd be a bit wary.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EZCOOL-650W-24Pin-Super-Silent/dp/B0010YLGZI - handiest link I could find, probably not the best PSU ...

I think the Amazon reviews speak for themselves ;)

• Advertisement

I think the Amazon reviews speak for themselves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yup, wouldn't go near that PSU. TBH, unless you're in the habit of testing individual fans or something like that, I'd just bin it.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yup, wouldn't go near that PSU. TBH, unless you're in the habit of testing individual fans or something like that, I'd just bin it.

I'll put it back in the old PC! Saving a few quid would have been nice but a ecent rig will be better!

Advertisement