Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone for internet?

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

What is the best phone out there for the internet?

I'm looking for an alternative to iphone if possible.

I use my phone for calls & texts as usual.

My big use then is for internet so this is the most important feature for me.

I don't use music so thats not important. A decent standard camera would be nice but not essential. also i'd like if i'd access to some apps, etc.

Anyone care to suggest a phone which may sound suitable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

SGS3 if you dont mind the size .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

ok thanks. Not too familiar with that phone but will take a look. As i said fast and reliable internet is the main issue for me

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Surely for "fast and reliable internet", your network would be more important?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

ok maybe so. I thought that certain phones may be quicker than others no?

Hm, I dunno! It doesn't make sense to me that it would but maybe it does. I'm not an expert or anything!

You can have the most expensive phone in the world but if you can't get coverage well then it's useless isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Most high end phones would be quite good for internet use. If your looking for the fastest or most reliable internet its dependent on your network. I have a SGS3 which flies on Wi-Fi and slow as hell on 3G. It was the same story when I had my HTC Titan. Both ran on meteor.

SO find the right network first. I certainly wouldn't pick Meteor or Three the best or most reliable, but it depends on your area.

Likewise, my Xperia Ray is great on stable WiFi and can be pleasant on Meteor Data. Hoever, if I go to my friends house I don't get a single bar of signal down there on 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

If you don't understand computers get an iPhone.

If you do get an Android. New Nexus 4 is €299 and is the one to get

Advertisement