Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access adverts help desk

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭

Hi

Didnt know where to post this but the thing is that I can't access
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1200 forum .

I already sent the pm to one of the mods a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks

Jarren

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Jarren,
    You should be able to post a thread there, nothing I can see in your permissions that would stop that.

Bear in mind, like boards help desk, only mods can reply to threads - i.e. you can't reply in someone else's thread.
    If that's what you're asking then drop me a pm with the details and I can sort it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Hi Steve

This is the odd one.

Just tried to access the adverts help desk forum on my android phone using the touch version and got this message.

Permission denied

Thanks for replying btw ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

How about now?

I've just given you full posting rights in the forum.

Hi Steve

It's working now

Thank you

Hi, I've just put your access back to normal there, can you still read the forum?

• Advertisement

it's sorted now

Thank you

Got your pm there saying there's still a problem so I'll request this is moved to site dev so the tech team can have a look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Can you access the forum fine on the desktop site? Can you read threads in the forum on the touch site or is it a total access denied message?

Danny

Hi Danny, I gave full posting rights and he said he could access the forum, I cleared that and the 'problem' re occurred.

Dunno if this is an android issue, a user issue, or a permissions issue but if you could check the latter and rule it out it would be super.

Jarren, as I said in the pm, please post:

What did you try to do?
    What browser / system are you using?
    What exact error message did you get?

Cheers.

Howdy Steve,

Since when you granted access the problem went away and cleared access it returned it's most likely an issue on our side. The API which touch runs off has it's own permissions and I'm guessing we've got a snag in there; the more details I have the better but I can't promise a resolution until Monday when I'm back in the office; things are so much easier to debug in there :P

Danny

• Advertisement

OK, this isn't a bug - will reply via pm. Sorry to bother you Danny.

No problem Steve, thanks for the update.

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement