Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Issue

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I was wondering about an issue I had a while back.

I bought a phone from Vodafone it stopped working. They sent it off to be fixed, it came back, still not working. They sent it off a second time and it was fixed.

Now I asked the guy in store at the time if it came back still broken after the second time I would like my money back as I was sick of all their arsing about.

he told me I wouldn't get the money back as if it still wasn't working after their second attempt at repairing it I would be given a new one.

I was wondering if they were within their rights to do this? I mean when it wasn't fixed the first time was I entitled to my money back then as they didn't repair it? Or if it was still broken after their second attempt was entitled to a refund? Or is it legal as long as they were going to offer a replacement if both repair attempts hadn't worked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

Sur if you got your money back you would buy a new phone anyway so what's the difference between money back or a new phone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Repair, Replacement or refund.

If repair, it has to be permanent FIRST TIME. However, the mobile networks have apolicy of just sending it back for repair again and again and again. If it fails the SAME WAY after one repair, insist on replacement or refund. If the replacement fails, you can insist on refund.

This is a very brief summary. It's 5:30pm on a Friday and I'm running out of the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

greenybaby wrote: »
    Sur if you got your money back you would buy a new phone anyway so what's the difference between money back or a new phone?!

Because I wanted to know if they were trying to pull a fast one, plus I'd have used the money towards a different phone. So yes it makes a difference.

Advertisement