Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Internship

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I did a J1 this year for the summer in New York and absolutely loved it, so I'm dying to go back! I finished my degree last May but I can't get the year long graduate visa with USIT because I don't want to work in my field of study.

I've googled american companies that can organise an internship for you and help you with the visa. Some of the ones I've looked at are international-internships.com, usainternships.com, worldinternships.org . Has anybody ever gotten an internship with any of these ? or are there other ways of getting to the states for a year or so to work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Why can't you go on the 1 year visa? If you graduated May of this year (which I'm assuming you did since you went on a J1 this year) then you can apply for the 1 year visa until next May (1 year from your graduation date)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

You could just apply for Internships over there yourself and then get the visa when you have secured your position.

Advertisement