Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleknock/City Centre Best Pubs Night clubs

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:39pm

Hi,

I have recently moved to Dublin, living in Castleknock. In my early 30's & looking for a few people to go for pints with on Fridays after work in Caslteknock/city centre area.

Also recommendations on the best places to go for pints & pulling girls. Thanks Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hole in the Wall on Blackhorse Avenue. Good restaurant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hi,

I have recently moved to Dublin, living in Castleknock. In my early 30's & looking for a few people to go for pints with on Fridays after work in Caslteknock/city centre area.

Also recommendations on the best places to go for pints & pulling girls. Thanks Kieran

Hi,

I guess it depends on what type of pubs you like!

But broadly speaking, you can disect the city centre into 5 areas...

North Quays/Parnell St: pubs and bars of all types

Temple Bar & Christchurch: mostly tourist places but some really good independent places such as the garage, brewery lane, SIN, porterhouse, VCC.

Grafton Street Area: lots of upmarket classy bars with a good choice of old traditional pubs.

Village Quarter: Camden street strip- indie/hipster type places

Harcourt Street: mainstream bars and nightclubs

Baggot St/Leeson street: basement clubs on Leeson st.

Really good trad pubs, with some good nightcubs around Baggot St/merrion square

Explore them all and see what takes your fancy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hole in the Wall on Blackhorse Avenue. Good restaurant too.

+1 - love the hole on a saturday night

the bar under gheisha in ashtown is good craic too

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

irishbird wrote: »

+1 - love the hole on a saturday night

the bar under gheisha in ashtown is good craic too

Is the hole in the wall lively on a sat nite then? Always assumed its more of a food pub, but ive never been! Isnt it the longest pub in europe? Surprisingly really that it isnt more of a tourist place.

Advertisement