Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal WiFi Adapter and data logger

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know if this will work with my data logger & Netopia wireless router. The data logger can transmit via Ethernet but installing a wired connection is a lot of hassle.

Could I plug it into this?

http://www.netgear.com/landing/wnce2001.aspx

I would have thought i need some way to get around the WiFi password. All the devices shown on the website would have some way to enter the password but the data logger wouldn't.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That would work fine. The data logger itself doesn't need to know anything about the wifi connection. As far as it's concerned, it's just connected via ethernet as before.

To configure it initially, you'd be best to temporarily connect it up to another PC to access the configuration web interface, then unplug it and attach to the datalogger. It also supports WPS, which should allow you to configure it simply by pressing a couple of buttons, assuming your router also supports WPS too, but I prefer to do things like this by hand if possible.

Another option is to use homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Thanks Alun. I will go with that so. Yeah i thought of the plugs but I have to go with the WiFi bridge due to the fact that where I want the signal to go is actual on a separate fuse board even though its only about three meters away. It is one large office with the possibility of making two smaller independent offices further down the line. Good idea but it has its drawbacks. It is one less drawback now though.

Thanks again.

Advertisement