Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Maintenance

Options
  • 16-11-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I split with my ex about 7yrs ago and for several years he was paying Child Maintenance at different rates due to whether he was legitimately working or not... We have 2 daughters age 8 & 9 and since March their Dad has not paid any Child Maintenance.

Reason being is that he bought a house with someone in Tallaght last year while he was on Social Welfare, she works in the local hospital and because he was on Social Welfare his payment went down to €65.00 per week. My daughters now get no Child Maintenance because he is living with someone. This was the decision of a judge in Family Court, Dolphin House.

I don't understand how Social Welfare can means test someone when they are living with someone that is working but yet they cannot do the same with Child Maintenance.. My daughters are now suffering because he doesn't have to make any payments. Where is his responsibility? He has also stopped seeing his daughters since before last Xmas.

He is still working as a Motorcycle Courier but I don't have the means to prove it. The 'System' is so unfair for single parents. My ex harassed me for years for Access and now he has just walked out of his daughters lives because of 'his' new life..

Does anybody know of any Solicitor that will fight for Child Maintenance based on the above facts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Kazzy16 wrote: »
    I split with my ex about 7yrs ago and for several years he was paying Child Maintenance at different rates due to whether he was legitimately working or not... We have 2 daughters age 8 & 9 and since March their Dad has not paid any Child Maintenance.

Reason being is that he bought a house with someone in Tallaght last year while he was on Social Welfare, she works in the local hospital and because he was on Social Welfare his payment went down to €65.00 per week. My daughters now get no Child Maintenance because he is living with someone. This was the decision of a judge in Family Court, Dolphin House.

I don't understand how Social Welfare can means test someone when they are living with someone that is working but yet they cannot do the same with Child Maintenance.. My daughters are now suffering because he doesn't have to make any payments. Where is his responsibility? He has also stopped seeing his daughters since before last Xmas.

He is still working as a Motorcycle Courier but I don't have the means to prove it. The 'System' is so unfair for single parents. My ex harassed me for years for Access and now he has just walked out of his daughters lives because of 'his' new life..

Does anybody know of any Solicitor that will fight for Child Maintenance based on the above facts?

This is a very confussed post. If you dont "have the means to prove it" then a court will not see it as fact. A judge has already made a ruling based on what the judge seen as the facts of the case, can you not appeal this? I've been a single parent since Oct. 2000 and I never got any maintenance, it is possible to bring up kids without maintenance and if you ex isnt harassing you any more maybe its worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevenf

hi' try my solicitor.... <snip> She's great and hate's dad's that abandon their kids forever reason(which there is no valid reason in my view) Dont mind the negative answer's that some idiots might post' they don't know you and don't realize the sacrifices you go through everyday for your little girls... yes you are better off without him in yours and your kids lives' but that dosn't mean he shouldn't help out financially'' and if he was ordered to pay such a pittance' he should out of respect bring it up to a decent level.. but you keep up what you do so well'' xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Please make any recommendations via PM.

Also, no legal advice, it is against Boards.ie rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The judge ruled that he didn't have to pay welfare. Are you huffed because you thought the courts always ruled in favour of the mother and thought you would definitely get money out of ir or are you huffed because he moved on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement