Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tempest 17 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork -24 / 11 / 2012

• 16-11-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭

So it would seem this is our last tempest for the years end.

lets see if we can make this one a big tempest to finish off the year,

so the starting times are as normal, 13:00 to 18:00
    Fee's are the same 12 euros ( the 2 extra euros are for the equipment funds )

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;

fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Should be along will bring a monitor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Should be along as well with the usual stuff.

Nice one guys,

All we need now is the rest of the Scooby gang to fill up the chairs.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Semi tempted by this. I'll give you a better indication towards the end of the week.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Semi tempted by this. I'll give you a better indication towards the end of the week.

glad to know mate, keep us posted

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

And my axe !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

And my throws in the corner!

Don't worry, old man. I'll send your apprentice along to join you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

See you guys there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Wont be down guys, if ye're ever running Marvel as well I might be inclined to pop down dome time. For the record I'd certainly travel down for some sort of big event, with car and 4 empty seats in tow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wont be down guys, if ye're ever running Marvel as well I might be inclined to pop down dome time. For the record I'd certainly travel down for some sort of big event, with car and 4 empty seats in tow!

I'd be down for travelling to Cork as well, I've always liked Cork (don't care about Marvel :P).

Unfortunately I'm pretty busy until early 2013 as far as weekends go :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wont be down guys, if ye're ever running Marvel as well I might be inclined to pop down dome time. For the record I'd certainly travel down for some sort of big event, with car and 4 3 empty seats and a boot full of recording equipment in tow!

FYP

Misty's last Tempest will be coming up in the New Year and would be a good occasion to try and get everyone together for a big one. Definitely something to think about. I'll say it to Shokashi today and see if the wheels can't be set in motion.

mackg wrote: »
    Misty's last Tempest will be coming up in the New Year and would be a good occasion to try and get everyone together for a big one. Definitely something to think about. I'll say it to Shokashi today and see if the wheels can't be set in motion.

thats a no brainer mate, off course it will happen. its not so much as saying goodbye to a tempest member but saying farewell to a good friend to all of us :D

Results.

1. Silver Steez
    2. Gouke
    3. Mack
    4. Shokashi
    5. Mokabu
    5. Drago
    7. Misty
    7. Calaban

Crawl back to your grave, you pitiful old man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Silver Freeze (to throws) ain't **** without the right side. I'll see ye guys for the big tempest events, ggs to everyone. Had some good sets vs drago's sagat and misty's ibuki.

http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse/b/342606560

That happened while we were twiddling our thumbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

raah! wrote: »
    That happened while we were twiddling our thumbs
    Need to move to stick. You get to twiddle way more of your fingers that way.

Advertisement