Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help very fast!

Options
  • 16-11-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi
    am just trying a recipe from my new BAKE book by rachel allen.
    The recipe is for german spice cookies - the dough is in the fridge and needs to sit there for 30 mins so I just have time to ask my fellow boardsies something:

In the recipe she says to roll the dough into balls and place on the baking tray, sprinkle with hazelnuts and into the oven - but surely I would need to flatten them out first, no? Has anyone tried this recipe? Are the cookies supposed to cook in a ball shape?? :confused:
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They will flatten out during baking when the heat hits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Thanks Hill Billy.
    They are halfway through cooking now and have only flattened a bit - I hope this works out! But they'll be eaten anyway :p

edit: well they didn't flatten out fully. They're mor like little humps, but they taste good.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I suspect it was an omission from the recipe, surely a gentle press with a fork would even out the cooking and give the hazelnuts a chance to hang on! Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

In the chocolate chip cookies recipe that I use, it says to leave them as balls on the baking tray, but I tend to flatten them every so slightly with the palm of my hand, otherwise they end up very, very thick and chewy in the middle.

Advertisement