Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford AC Half Marathon, entry wanted?

Options
  • 16-11-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, if anyone has an entry for the Waterford AC Half Marathon on 1st Dec and cant attend I'd like to buy your spot?

Was disapointed last week when I realised entry was full. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have you checked do the race organizers allow people to swap/exchange/sell numbers (most don't),

[EDIT]
    http://www.runireland.com/events/waterford-ac-half-marathon-0
    I understand that the entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Looks like they don't allow what you are looking to do,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tiny terrors

How would they know? It's hardly the crime of the century.

Best of luck getting one bumpydog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Having organised a few races in my time people swapping entries can be troublesome.

For any race that uses timing chips all the entrants details are sent to the company in charge of timing, sometimes weeks before the race if the race is sold out. This list is essential for accurate results. When entries are swapped at a later stage it can cause havoc, e.g. name, age group and gender category can be wrong and this can cause problems when awarding prizes.

Basically if the race organiser says that entries are non-transferable it's usually that way for a reason and should be respected.

There is always next year if you can't do the race this year. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Don't want to rub up the Marathon folks the wrong way by leaving such a thread open, and this would be closed in the Running Forum as per their charter, so I am afraid this thread will be locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement